Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server groups permission to access in specific channels

Hello,

I have been searching for several days on many tutorial videos and in this forum an answer to my question.
    I would like to know, how a member which part of a server group can join specific channels dedicated to him...

Example:

I create some server groups; A, B, C, D,...
    And I create some channels; 1, 2, 3, 4...
    So;
    - The person who have "A" server group, can join the channel "1", but he can't connect in 2, 3 and 4
    - The person who have "B" server group, can join the channel "2", but he can't connect in 1, 3 and 4
    - The person who have "C" server group, can join the channel "3", but he can't connect in 1, 2 and 4
    - The person who have "D" server group, can join the channel "4", but he can't connect in 1, 2 and 3

I hope that you will understand what I mean by this example, this is not easy to set up these permissions.

Cordially, thank you!

Hi,

its very simple you only need:
    - one channel group with "i_channel_join_power" set to lets say 10 (lets call it "Join group")
    - create the channels with "i_channel_needed_join_power" to same value in this case 10

now all you have to do is give the client the channel group "Join Group" in the channels you want him/her to be able to join

for that purpose there is only the Channel group option and that needs to be done mostly manually in the "sry dont know now - client id based channelgroup window - for specific channels"
    so great luck there bilding that with one group and dozen of channels, were you need to add each "owner -member whatever ..." "Channel Group" to he,she & it ...

noisy but needed..

what would make that easier would be the abilitly to specifly allow Servergroup IDs to skip or negate Client and/or Channel permissions.
    well sry for that mostly unchecked corrected english but pls build my intent with that.

Follow This . Just follow this guide and do it for the certain groups.

Thread Information