Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TsDNS A Record help.

Hey, igot my ts3 server hosted on external dedicated server & my webserver hosts a sub.domain with an A Record redirect to ts server ip. When i enter my ts server sub.domain in a web browser, it opens the location of the ip. Is there a way i could have it display for example index.html of the sub.domain instead of showing the service website of the dedicated server website?

i've tried to research but don't know what to search for, or if its even possible.

Thx in advance.

Not TeamSpeak related but anyway, since you said that "sub.domain" is located at IP 1.2.3.4 the browser will contact said server. If that server isn't running a webserver then there is nothing to display and it shouldn't show anything. If there is running a webserver it will display whatever the webserver is configured to display.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

This is possible, I currently do this for a community teamspeak server.

The default port for web browsing (HTTP) is port 80 and if you have no web server (e.g., Apache, nginx, IIS) setup on your dedicated machine, the default redirect is usually to the default http server of your hosting provider. Otherwise you should see something like "This website is not available".

To enable your own web page for browsers, install a web server on the same dedicated server as your ts3 server.

After configuring the server and coding the index.html page, it will show whatever want.

EDIT: After review, I realize I kind of just repeated what Chris said. Sorry if it's not of any additional help!
    Last edited by Ronin Design; September 9th, 2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by mgalahub View Post
    Hey, igot my ts3 server hosted on external dedicated server & my webserver hosts a sub.domain with an A Record redirect to ts server ip. When i enter my ts server sub.domain in a web browser, it opens the location of the ip. Is there a way i could have it display for example index.html of the sub.domain instead of showing the service website of the dedicated server website?

i've tried to research but don't know what to search for, or if its even possible.

Thx in advance.
    You don't need it all. At all.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...288#post383288

Thread Information