Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Sometimes "Connection lost" after DSL Upgrade

Dear Comunity,

I don't know if here is also a german speaking support, so I will try to ask my question in german. If this is not possible pleas give me a answer and i'll do my best to translate with my beautiful school english my question to the "correct" board language.

The most important before: Thanks for helping me!!!

Werte Forengemeinde,

Ich bin froh Euer Forum gefunden zu haben und hoffe nach dem ersten stöbern keinen Doppelpost zu eröffnen und wende mich mit meinem Anliegen an Euch:

Vor ungefähr 2 Wochen hat mein Provider endlich die Freigabe von DSL 6000 auf DSL 16000 umzustellen. Effektiv liegen laut FritzBox 7270 13,40Mbits down und 891kBits up an. Latenz liegt bei 8ms, Störbabstandsmarge liegt bei 7 (lässt sich über Störsicherheit max. auf 9 bekommen), Leitungsdämpfung liegt bei 27db, der Fählerzähler bringt normale Werte.

Seitdem wir im Haushalt die Umstellung hatten haben wir nun ein TeamSpeak Problem. In unregelmässigen Abständen bekommen bringt der TS den Fehler Connection Lost. Der "normale" Ping von 43 ms bei Verbindungsqualität um die 85 % schnellt dabei kurz vorher extrem in die Höhe bis zum Verbindungsverlust. Nach ca. 2 - 7 Sekunden werden wir direkt auf den richtigen Channel verbunden. Die Internetleitung an sich bleibt stabil. Auch aus dem Spiel Warthunder oder vers. Battlefield Teilen fliegen wir nicht raus. Andere Clientnutzer bleiben auf dem Server ohne Probleme.

Ich such nun seit Tagen nach der Lösung des Problemes und habe u.a. das regeln in der Fritzbox über Störsicherheit, Deaktivierung der Wlan Kommunikation in der Fritzbox, ausprobieren älterer TeamSpeak 3 Clients probiert und weis nun absolut nicht weiter. Unsere DSL Leitung an sich arbeitet laut FritzBox auch weiter nach IPv4.

Wir, das sind 3 PC's im Heimnetzwerk haben dieses Problem dann meist gleichzeitig, wobei alles PC direkt an der Fritzbox angeschlossen sind.

Wo kann das Problem liegen oder an welcher Stelle muss ich mit der Fehleranalyse weitermachen bzw. wer ist mein Ansprechpartner für das Problem. Liegt es an der Leitung oder doch eher am Client oder dem Server?

Ich danke Euch aufs herzlichste für Eure Hilfe und verbleibe mit
    ratlosen Grüßen

Euer gerbasso

This is a hardware problem and nothing related to TS. DSL 16000 means a wildcard for any speed from 6 to 16Mbit/s. The actual speed is determined by your router depending on your line, called DSL sync (13 Mbit/s in your case). When the router chooses a speed that is too high, the DSL sync and therefore the internet connection get lost from time to time. When I got DSL 16000, I had to get a new router because the Fritzbox synced a speed which it could not maintain. It read some reviews that Fritzboxes have a problem when used with non-maximum DSL.

Options:
    - Maybe router can be told to sync for a lower speed. Read its manual and/or ask support.
    - Get a new router or ask your friends if they got a spare one.
    - Have your line downgraded to DSL 6000.

Hi and Thanks numma_cway for youre answer and trying to help us.

Yesterday i spoke over an hour with different persons of my Internet Provider. They messed the line from connection point to me, the port and checked the protocolls of the Fritz Box and can't understand the problem, like we. They give me some modifys for testing in the Fritzbox by the point immunity (translate by myself). I will test this the next day(s). The problem is not a complete lost of the connection. Cause when the TeamSpeak Client lost the connection to his Serber, i can play (for example Battlefield or WarThunder) without some trobules and can also browse in the Internet while Teamspeak had the problem. So the connection is not fully interrupted and the support team said yesterday also that my Fritzbox 7250 is okay. My last change of the box was even half a year ago. The only think they saw and see that the "noises" by the line are near as the highest level at the "rush hour" at evening when the most privates are at home and using theire internet. But its before the point of aborting.

At least i am sorry for my simillar english vocabulary and speech :-)

Do you have the old box? Routers that are no older than 10 years should support ADSL2+.

If you neither get lags nor get disconnected in other games, it's something else. It's not about your line then, because TCP will disconnect you and UDP will cause big lags on losing DSL sync.

Thread Information