Forum

Add badname file to the server folder

Hi!

Can you add a badname.ini file to list all nickname we wont see on the server? Create one banrule for each nickname is not usefull

Moreover, it would be nice to subscribe to online lists hosted by you like adblock.

With this system we can subscribe to the list for specific country, or all, with a medium or high sensivity.

I think this would be a really good feature

In the meantime you could use the JTS3ServerMod to have this.

Look at: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...Mute-Welcome-)

Use native solution is better than third party, this feature would be better if the server allow us to manage it in "misc" config on the client.

We rejected such files for bans or ips/names before the first stable server was released.
    Last edited by dante696; September 17th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Either way you would have to have a ban rule per name, or line in a nameban ini file. The difference is instead of having a file for banned names you simply make a ban entry like this: To ban the name Jones you would make a ban entry, set it to Regular Expression and then type this in for the name:

.*[Jj][Oo][Nn][Ee][Ss].*

So what this means is if the word Jones (or any capitalized variations) is typed anywhere inside the person's name, it will not let them connect. Then you add a message to the ban that lets them know why they cannot connect and that they need to reconnect with a different name. You can add all kinds of things, for example you could add a zero to the O's so if someone has the name J0nes it will also not let them connect.

This is the most simplistic use of regular expression, you can do very complicated things with it such as block names longer than a certain number of characters, or block people from using symbols etc. There are guides you can find on regular expression or cheat sheets.

It seem logical to use regex or whatever we need directly in the file, i just made suggestion, i wont list all ban system specifications.

Send with Tapatalk 4 from Xiaomi Mi-2s

Thread Information