Forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Recover channel / groups [help me]

Hello,

I reinstalled my waiter(server) who was under Windows Server 2012 64 bits. I reinstalled him(it) in 32 bits.

The problem is that my waiter(server) TS3 was above accommodated. I have of course to keep(guard) quite files but concerns(marigolds) is that I can not throw(launch) my waiter(server) on my 32 bits because he was for 64.

Sorry for my english, i'm french
    Last edited by dante696; April 19th, 2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: merged

I do not really understand the content of your post.
    But for thread title:
    Read post #2
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Move all my info and settings from my old for my new server without do all of it all

How can i move all my info and settings for my new server without do all of it from the start..

Like moving the files from the old to the new server or something..
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: merged, please use the forum search first

Migrating from Windows XP x86 -> FreeBSD 10.3 x64 - Where to place Server files

Titles explains what I'm looking to do.

I'm migrating from a Windows XP x86 TS3 Server to a FreeBSD 10.3 Release x64.

I have TS3 installed and Running on my ESXi server and I can connect to it via TS3 Client. It's configured to start on boot and all that fun stuff.

I backed up the entire TS3 Dir from my windows box as of this evening. I just expect to loose a bit of log data. No biggie as the current server is still in production if needed.

I'm just wondering what files from where on the Windows XP Server need to be copied to where on the FreeBSD 10.3 exactly in order to have the new server be an exact copy of the old?

Move from Windows > Linux > Database

Hi, Running teamspeak on Windows 7 without any extra stuff and would like to move it to Linux (got a working version on it now).
    How would I do this? since I want to put my stuff into the database and I'm using mysql server for this.
    Last edited by dante696; June 5th, 2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merged

backup doesn't work properly

I had to reinstall my rootserver after it has been captured but i made it to copy the files of the ts3 server.

After reinstalling it I overwrote the db files via winscp, but now the server doesn't start properly. the log files tells me the following:

Code:
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.747506|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.11.4 (2015-08-18 13:30:34)
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.747658|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | SystemInformation: Linux 3.13.0-042stab111.11 #1 SMP Tue Sep 1 18:19:12 MSK 2015 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.747712|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | Using hardware aes
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.748396|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.748452|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 3.7.3
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.748685|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | checking database integrity (may take a while)
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.767859|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   | db_exec failed attempt to write a readonly database
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.767901|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   | db_exec() ALTER TABLE tokens ADD COLUMN token_from_client_id int unsigned; error: attempt to write a readonly database
    2016-06-22 11:20:20.767928|ERROR   |SQL           |   | database update to revision: 22 failed!
    Could someone helf me? I don't know how to handle this one.

Please update to server 3.0.12.4 and then start your server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

How do I transfer a teamspeak server to another teamspeak server.

The title says it all but I will go more in depth. I was wondering if I can transfer the permissions, channels, virtual server, groups, EVERYTHING from my teamspeak server to another teamspeak server.
    Last edited by dante696; August 9th, 2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: merged

When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Question Moving Harddrive - How to Backup/Restore

Hello teamspeak community,
    Right now im running Debian on a hardrive with a teamspeak server.
    The harddrive is getting old so i ordered an ssd to replace it.
    How would i make a backup of my teamspeak server(Everything if possible Including the Non-Profit Licence)
    And restore it on the new SSD.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; August 10th, 2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: merged, see post #2

Non Profit Licens and new Installation from Server

Hello, ive a question.

I plan to reinstall my root Server with an new operation system.
    But what is with the npl license?

If i make an Backup from all. is the license still active after the new Installation? or what must i do?
    Last edited by dante696; September 19th, 2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: merged

Just shutdown (not kill) your TeamSpeak server instance. This will unregister the used slots and servers from the license.
    Then backup your licensekey.dat and put the file back into the new servers root dir when you are done with your new installtion.

I suggest that you backup and restore your full server instead just that license file.
    So you do not need to do all your server settings, channel, files users etc from 0.
    More details can be found in post #2 of this thread.

How to migrate server from 32 to 64bit without loosing port setup/Not solved for me

Quote Originally Posted by tommy45 View Post
    MergedI have been runing a TS3 server on an old PC runing Win xp 32bit until yesterday when either the Mobo or PSU failed as the bios no longer recognises HDD's ( Bzbzbzbzbzbz )in place of it's model ID

So i have the old HDD in my new box running Win 7 64bit. the old 32bit ts3 server set up works on win 7 it did start with win xp , and has a custom voice port

So what i'm looking to do is migrate the existing setup from 32bit to 64bit retaining the port and also make the ts3 server start with windows, is this he same proceedure as updating the server in the normal way basically replacing all the files?

So here is what i have tried so far, Downloaded the latest ts3 server x64bit, unpacked it, then transfered the files listed as per istruction on page 1, It ran,fine, but isnt listening on the correct port, but the Default port instead, And no doubt will be wanting the new password ect,

I already had all this set up So how can i retain these things the voice port my chosen password and user name , I don't want to start over again , is there a way to migrate my set up from 32bit to 64bit retaining my existing set up or not ?

And do both 32 and 64bit server versions have to be the same or can they be different versions?

I created a new thread because the suggestions in the thread it was migrated to, because the suggestions do not wotk for me,

I have a working 32bit TS3 server now updated to the latest build, that is on my old HDD, as i'm running a 64bit version of win7 on this new machine i wanted to run the 64bit version of the ts3 server on it, but i don't wish to have to set up all the settings /permissions again, or have to messround with new serveradmin credentials ,and have to change the ports again if possible, should this process not be similar to updating your server but instead of updating with the same 32 or 64bit file sets going from one to the other, i have tried many things the 64bit server will either crash or run but using the default port and probably log in credentials , this is what i wish to aviod

Your question is marked as "solved", because the answer is that in general you do the migration just as you did. You only made some unknown mistake, because if you did move the files correctly, the server would start with the migrated database.

Unfortunately, from the information you gave it isn't possible to determine what you did wrong.

The usual way is:
    - install a fresh Teamspeak server on the new machine (that means: extract the downloaded server zip file to some directory)
    - start the fresh Teamspeak server and make it so that you are able to connect. Don't proceed until you get that default empty server up and working
    - stop the Teamspeak server
    - replace the newly created database and files/ directory with the old database and files/ directory from your old server
    - start the Teamspeak server again. It will start with the old database and all migrated settings

Ok, i shall try again, thanks for your reply, Another thing is when t3 server was running on Win XP i had it set to start with windows , i think iic by pining it to the start menu, or similar, can this be achieved with Win 7?

Thread Information