Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

High (50%+) Incoming Packet Loss - 0% Outgoing?

I myself, and 5 guild members have had problems connecting to a specific TS server (98.220.61.226) as well as (ts42.gameservers.com:9149) - Yesterday we all literally could not connect at all. Today we can get in, but are getting massive Incoming Packet Loss. It also isnt specific to Teamspeak, as I get Incoming Packet Loss as well when talking on Mumble - Though again... only a Specific server (deathsembrace.mumble.com:8492)

Only these two that I use daily are completely buggered, where as I can join almost any public TS server (few exceptions where it wont connect) and hear people clearly with no packet loss on either end. Same for Mumble - Have a secondary mumble I use (mumbler.commandchannel.com:31558) and it works perfectly fine.

Iam at a complete loss as to what is going on, and possibly considering its ISP based due to said 5 guild members are all using Bell Canada, or a smaller company who uses their lines - Either here in Ontario, or over in Quebec. As well I should add, a friend 4 houses over using Rogers Cable, is perfectly fine.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | WinMTR statistics |
    | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    |tcore4-toronto21_pos1-12-0-0.net.bell.ca - 0 | 579 | 579 | 25 | 28 | 71 | 26 |
    |NEWCORE2-CHICAGOCP_so2-1-0-0.net.bell.ca - 0 | 579 | 579 | 23 | 27 | 95 | 24 |
    | bx5-chicagodt_xe6-0-0.net.bell.ca - 0 | 579 | 579 | 23 | 34 | 161 | 58 |
    |x-eth-0-0-7-pe05.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 23 | 25 | 39 | 25 |
    |he-2-1-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 23 | 27 | 43 | 26 |
    |pos-0-5-0-0-pe01.529bryant.ca.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 24 | 28 | 42 | 28 |
    |he-1-13-0-0-ar01.indianapolis.in.indiana.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 35 | 38 | 79 | 38 |
    |te-0-0-0-0-sur01.noblesville.in.indiana.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 35 | 38 | 77 | 38 |
    |te-17-10-cdn12.noblesville.in.indiana.comcast.net - 0 | 577 | 577 | 37 | 56 | 2442 | 53 |
    | c-98-220-61-226.hsd1.in.comcast.net - 0 | 579 | 579 | 43 | 48 | 87 | 47 |
    |________________________________________________| ______|______|______|______|______|______|
    Just a fast edit: Also did a HMC test.

Another Edit to add. Called ISP, they checked lines, reset modem remotely, as well as had me reset to factory settings. Still got the same issues. When we ping the IP - 98.220.61.226 it shows no packet loss, and a tracert shows minimal ping loss (42ms) - So... Iam now 1000% confused, and am at a loss.
    Last edited by Phase; September 20th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

There are always problems with routing. This is nothing special, it happens with Deutsche Telekom in Germany all the time.

I also have problems like yours. Check pretty much everything and, for my part, my problem is with port 9987. I have connected to other server not using 9987 and everything works fine. I can speak and be heard 10/10 and i will also hear everyone 10/10 but, as soon as I load the servers i NEED to be on, working both on 9987, i get more then 50% incoming loss. People will still be able to hear me 10/10 but it is impossible to hear them. This happened all of a sudden as i've been using TS3 for months now without ANY change and it was working well until yesterday September 19th. Very annoying and would like an answer on what is to do.
    Fowarding ports, putting on dmz both from my modem or in my router won't change anything and, again, I stress the fact that i've tried other servers and everything is fine (just as long as they don't run on port#9987). I can browse the internet, Stream youtube or whatever without any kind of packet loss.
    monitored my connections from the modem oh and also, i am a telecom technician. Check my line and it's ok. I would guess the problem is either software or from the routing between my isp and ts servers :s

I Have the exact problem i've been on a certain TS for months and then one day it stops working i join and some times i get in i check my Packet loss and i see it going up and up 10% 20% 40% 60% an then i lose connection but when i look at it it says 0% packet loss out? How Do I fix please help

Yeah, everyone with Bell atm is having problems with TS3. I contacted Bell and they said that its probably the "application".

Quote Originally Posted by xxiRadarxx View Post
    Yeah, everyone with Bell atm is having problems with TS3. I contacted Bell and they said that its probably the "application".
    Yup, that was what I was told as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LdNyaxx View Post
    I would guess the problem is either software or from the routing between my isp and ts servers :s
    This is the likely problem. There was no firmware updates, nothing installed on my machine at all and it just magically stopped working last night on the 19th. My money is on someone made a boo-boo where ever were being routed through.

Hopefully TS can look into and see if it fully is on their end, though this is stupid to appear to be localized to an ISP.

Quickie Edit - Now I can no longer even connect to the TeamSpeak 3 Server I listed in OP. Well, looks like I get to type all night again...

Don't really want to say I'm glad I'm seeing someone else with the same problem, but hearing that it's multiple people with Bell (which is what I have) at least tells me that the issue might not be with my settings.

Spent hours over today and yesterday trying to solve this, literally nothing other people have suggested in other threads or websites has worked. Called Bell support, whoever I spoke to did not know what Teamspeak was and "offered" me to take their expert solution for 7$/month for a min of 12 months just to get transferred to someone that might help. Did not take them up on it -_-

Is the issue fairly recent for you guys (from yesterday basically) or has it been going on longer and I've just been lucky for the last few months :/

This also happened to me yesterday 19th September all of a sudden. When I log into a different server everything is fine. When I log into my usual server now it loads slowly and I get around 60% packet loss incoming. They can still hear me fine. Sometimes I simply cannot log in but get 'error' message.
    I have done a tracert test to the server and I see nothing wrong.
    I scanned my computer, nothing.
    I am also with Bell in Montreal.
    It would be nice if tech staff could help with this. Thanks.

Having the same problem, I am with bell and have been having this problem since last night. Hope someone comes up with a resolution soon.

Yeah also on Bell for my part and also happened on Sept 19th.
    Although, as i am Under one re-seller, i don'T really have access to their IT support. If you choose to call, ask the 1st answerer to escalate you to the next level. If he don't want, ask him what DSL means, when you get the usual silence, ask him again to move you to higher tech (the first layer of "tech support" would have problem emptying water from a boot with the instruction on the heel, but will try to sell you all kind of crap you don't want nor need.) Pretty sure they fucked up something or put a automated spam protection for our "own good" and that protection is preventing TS (i would assume) basic ports to listen, or something like that (i'm better at fixing cables and wire that at routing)

...and its back, since 15h30 today 20 September.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Hopefully TS can look into and see if it fully is on their end, though this is stupid to appear to be localized to an ISP.
    They cannot. There is technically no way TS can fix this because there is technically no way TS can be the problem. It's 100% impossible, as TeamSpeak is not port-bound and the TS protocol is a) not public and b) based on the stateless User Datagram Protocol. So you can even say it's 300% impossible, as it's at least three times impossible. If your ISP says it might be TS's fault, they are either dumb and do not know what the internet is or just trying to redirect attention from their own fails.

UPDATE: BELL HAS RESOLVED THE ISSUE FOR MYSELF AND ALL EIGHT USERS IN MY GUILD.

Thanks all for easing me in knowing it wasnt my modem or network card going to shit. Good luck and happy gaming.

Resolved for me also, thanks for posting guys!

Thread Information