Forum

Question Block the ability of assigning channel groups in specific sub-channels

Hello all,

I hope the topic is clear enough to get a basic overview of what I want to achieve here.

I'm SA on a Teamspeak-Server and I have two different factions on the server with some channels where only one certain faction has access.
    To solve the basic problem of many Admins with having one group being "over" the other, I'm working with channel groups here.

So to keep it simple, I only list a few channel groups and channels which should be enough to explain my problem.

Channel-Setup:

- Area of Faction A (Channel is a spacer, but everyone can join)
    -- Talk-Channel (Everyone can join)
    -- Fight-Channel (Only members of Faction A can join)

- Area of Faction B (Channel is a spacer, but everyone can join)
    -- Talk-Channel (Everyone can join)
    -- Fight-Channel (Only members of Faction B can join)

Channel Groups:

- Faction-Member (enough power to join the Fight-Channel)
    - Faction-Leader (power to promote user as a faction member) - important: no move power!

Because faction leaders don't have any move powers (and this should stay like it is) the can only grant access to the fight-channel if the user joins the faction spacer and the faction leader assigns the channel group there --> inheritance does the rest.

Now to keep the channel groups in all the channels clean I want the leader only to be able to assign the member-group into the spacer but prevent him from doing so in one of the sub-channels.

I know it would be useless anyway (because he don't gets the member group needed for the fight-channel this way) and is neither a security risk or something like this.
    I also know that I could do this with using the "client specific channel rights" with the needed add and remove member powers and removing those powers from the channel group.
    But:
    The faction leaders and the sub-leaders (which aren't mentioned here) change every month, so my approach is to make it possible for the faciton leaders to pass their rights to the new leader and the new leader assigns rights to the new sub-leaders and so on...
    If I have to do this using client specific channel rights, then the member add/remove power has to be changed manually every time by an SA.

I already tried to set the value of the i_group_needed_member_add_power and the i_group_needed_member_remove_power within a sub-channel to a higher value than the add/remove powers of the faction-leader group but the overwrite thingy with the different permission tiers makes this useless as the channel-group permissions are on a higher tier than the channel permissions
    Setting the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions on a channel also doesn't solve this because it only prevents the channel groups permission from overwriting the server group permissions and the "client specific channel rights" from overwriting the "client specific rights".

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    ~ R3dCr0ss

I'd say not possible (if I understand your post correctly), because the inheritance limit is for all permissions.

Thank you for your answer, numma_cway!

Any other suggestions or is this really not possible at all?

I already tried to set the value of the i_group_needed_member_add_power and the i_group_needed_member_remove_power within a sub-channel to a higher value than the add/remove powers of the faction-leader group but the overwrite thingy with the different permission tiers makes this useless as the channel-group permissions are on a higher tier than the channel permissions

Last edited by MissyMikky; October 9th, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

I know, MissyMikky...

That's why I'm asking this here...^^

Is one response all I can get here?

I really need to know if it's possible and if yes, I need to know how to achieve this... please help me.
    Thanks!

Kinda a necro-bump, But I believe I have a solution for you.

I made a channel structure to mimic yours

Test-A
    |-Test-A-1
    |-Test-A-2

Test-B
    |-Test-B-1
    |-Test-B-2

With Permissions:
    Test-A-2
    |-Channel
    |--Access
    |---Need Channel Join Power = 20

Test-B-2
    |-Channel
    |--Access
    |---Need Channel Join Power = 20

Then Created Two Channel Groups:

Test-Cpt
    |-Channel
    |--Access
    |---Channel Join Power = 20
    |-Group
    |--Modify
    |---Group Member Add Power = 20
    |---Group Member Remove Power = 20
    |---Needed Group Member Add Power = 75 (So Basicly an Admin must assign the Group)
    |---Needed Group Member Remove Power = 75 (So Basicly and Admin must remove the Group)

Test-Jr
    |-Channel
    |--Access
    |---Channel Join Power = 20
    |-Group
    |--Modify
    |---Needed Group Member Add Power = 20 (Admin/Test-Cpt must assign the Group)
    |---Needed Group Member Remove Power = 20 (Admin/Test-Cpt must remove the Group)

Now I personally don't understand the need for the Spacer and the Free Talk Channel. I'd Just Combine them.
    More to the Point with all of this setup you simply Add your Leaders to the Channel Group While they are in the spacer channel, So that the group is inherited in Channel one and two.
    Then you or your Leaders can Add/Remove people from the faction, But again do so in the spacer channel.

End Result
    Any Player can join Test-A,Test-A-1,Test-B,Test-B-1
    Only Faction Leaders or their Faction Members can Join the respected Test-(A/B)-2 Channel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f0a0f6b3b3.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	12013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7a8b4ecb36.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	12014

Lol I said it was an necro-bumb, Although it's arguable that something 5 months old is still relevant.

Thread Information