Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Random people in my server

Hello, I started new server yesterday and only a few people know it's ip address. But I've noticed that random french people connecting (server is in france). How is that possible? First one connected 10 min after setting it up. TS3 server is running on VPS (32 slots).

You must disable the weblist reporting in your server settings. It's activated per default settings.
    It will take 10 -12 minutes until your server does disappear from the weblist.

Or just set a password on your server.

Name:  weblist disable.png
Views: 5197
Size:  61.0 KB
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you for your fast response. Helped me a lot

wonky question about finding teamspeak 3 servers.

well, the title say's it.
    i have a local TS3 server running, made it not public, but when i logged in today.
    my server was croudedd with people, what is funny, so how do theyfind a running TS3 server somewhere ?
    Last edited by dante696; October 23rd, 2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: merged

Is TS-server announcing its presence somewhere?

I just installed TS3-server, reconfigured ports to non-standard values, started TS3-server, and within 30min I had many "visitors" from Asia, Africa, etc. WTF?

I took TS3-server down. Reconfigured to different ports, installed iptables, configured very strong anti-port-scanning rules. Then I started TS3-server. After one hour I had again some strangers. How's that possible? How can someone find my TS3-server running on port 52863, without port-scanning?

I see only one possible explanation: TS3-server is probably "announcing" its presence somewhere. Or can this be explained in some other way?
    Last edited by dante696; August 3rd, 2016 at 05:15 PM. Reason: merged

Your server reports to our weblist by default. This list can be seen and used by any client under Connection menu.
    How to turn it off is explained in post 2.
    Last edited by dante696; August 3rd, 2016 at 05:51 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Your server reports to our weblist by default.
    OMG! I can't believe you have activated this as "default"...

Can someone tell me how I can disable this "great" feature before I even start TS3-server after installation for the first time?

Situation looks so that I'm facing repeated ddos-attacks against my TS3-server. I suppose someone of those I kicked off got pissed and started playing this game. Now I'm forced to move my TS3-server elsewhere. I will do it, but I do not want to see this happen again. But starting new TS3-server and editing server-settings just after that is too late, server wil be listed on weblist for 5-10min.

So I want to prevent my TS3-server ever appearing on that weblist. How can I do it?

There are several ways to do disable the weblist, when the virtual server gets created.

1. Don't let the server instance auto create a virtual server. You need to start the server with parameter create_default_virtualserver=0

Then create your server via SeverQuery and command
    servercreate virtualserver_name=Servername virtualserver_weblist_enabled=0

2. Just block ports 2011 - 2110 (UDP Outgoing)

3. Start the instance with parameter from step 1 and then edit the server template.
    Login into the ServerQuery then use these commands

Code:
    use 0
    serveredit virtualserver_weblist_enabled=0
    servercreate virtualserver_name=Servername
    Could be that you need to enter use 0 -virtual. I'm not sure hat this moment and can't test.

Randos

So me and my friends were playing siege just now and some random guy form Sweden joined the Ts server its all fine but i'm wondering how? i have a password but i don't know if the server is listed or not any ideas? or did he just gel lucky and guess it?

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpme? View Post
    So me and my friends were playing siege just now and some random guy form Sweden joined the Ts server its all fine but i'm wondering how? i have a password but i don't know if the server is listed or not any ideas? or did he just gel lucky and guess it?
    How was he able to join when you password protected the server?

Anyway, have a look at #2, this is probably the reason how this person found your server.

Thread Information