Forum

Solved External File System for TeamSpeak

Hello,

I tried searching the forums for quite a bit as I imagined this was kind of an obvious idea, but I found nothing...

Question: Is there any way to have a separate file server / system for handling /just/ teamspeak files?

Maybe something that just emulates the filetransfer:// interface and handled client requests?

I've seen people mention routing file transfer traffic through a different IP / interface, but I was wondering if there would be anyway to actually store the physical files on a different server than the one running the TS3Server instance (ts3server.pid, etc)

My scenerio is that I have a high demand, virtual environment with great bandwidth, QoS, fail over, memory, cpu, etc, but there is a massive premium charged for data capacity.

Obviously, TeamSpeak is not intended to be a file server (FileSpeak), but I have heard from several communities now that it would be nice to not to have to worry about disk space when uploading video streamcasts, replays, or other bulkier types of media.

And even from my perspective (as sys admin) it would make handling backups more convenient with separate (and lesser prioritized) backups of just files.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone has any experience with this, or if it would even be possible to develop my own emulator to handle the TS3Client's fileserver:// requests?

Thanks!

Where is your issue?

Use high performance VPS for Teamspeak... on "high performance" VPS mount ./files as an own mount.
    This mount point might be any low cost storage on any other "file"-server or even cloud storage.

Done.

Awesome! So this can be simply handled at the Operating System / File Sys level, transparent to TS3Server?

Great news, and I guess pretty obvious, but I wasn't sure if it would work correctly with permissions, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, it is all handled by the operating system on volume/partition level. And completly transparant to teamspeak. You can even impose size quotas this way.

Thread Information