Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elpronto View Post
    I thought the value of i_client_private_textmessage_power should be -1 and not 0, or am I wrong?
    you're right, it ought to be -1 or any other value below 0 really.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Since server version 3.0.11 I noticed a weird problem with serverwide packet losses and eventually tracked it down to be caused by server queries removing/adding clients to server groups.

Let's say a server query client assigns 3 groups to a client:
    servergroupaddclient cldbid=100 sgid=50
    servergroupaddclient cldbid=100 sgid=51
    servergroupaddclient cldbid=100 sgid=52
    What happened BEFORE 3.0.11:
    The user instantly gets the 3 server groups assigned. That's it.

What happens SINCE 3.0.11:
    The user gets the groups assigned one by one with an approximate delay of 1 second between each group. While the groups are still being assigned, the server has a huge packet loss (can be seen in server connection info; if someone is talking to you anywhere on the server, you'll also hear the packet loss).

Usually this behavior is caused by a bot that uses server query to assign server groups to users. I have now manually tested this with a telnet client. I've tried it with a "normal" server query client and a Admin Server Query client, both cause the same problem.
    This has been tested with a big server that regularly has 150+ concurrent users and the server connection info shows an average packet loss of up to ~30%, so it's not just a connection issue by a certain user.

The server is running on stable Debian x64 with sqlite.

Can someone confirm/reproduce this problem? It's a pretty major issue, since we do rely on the bot managing some of the server groups.

(edit: you may want to test this with more than 3 groups, or alternatively, more than one user each getting 3 groups)
    Last edited by Linnun; October 27th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnun View Post
    Can someone confirm/reproduce this problem? It's a pretty major issue, since we do rely on the bot managing some of the server groups.
    I'm unable to reproduce this issue (tested with ~20 groups). Try doing a VACUUM on your database file.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I'm unable to reproduce this issue (tested with ~20 groups). Try doing a VACUUM on your database file.
    Awesome, this did the trick. Thank you!

EDIT: No, it didn't. It worked for a few minutes, but now the same problem occurs again
    Last edited by Linnun; October 28th, 2014 at 08:27 PM.

Awesome, this did the trick. Thank you!

EDIT: No, it didn't. It worked for a few minutes, but now the same problem occurs again
    Damn... How big is that database file? Also, can you do some benchmarking on that servers harddisk (e.g. using hdparm)?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Damn... How big is that database file? Also, can you do some benchmarking on that servers harddisk (e.g. using hdparm)?
    The sqlitedb file was 7.2 MB before VACUUM and 5.1 MB after VACUUM.

hdparm -t /dev/sda3
    Timing buffered disk reads: 484 MB in 3.02 seconds = 160.49 MB/sec
    hdparm -t /dev/sdb3
    Timing buffered disk reads: 446 MB in 3.01 seconds = 148.00 MB/sec
    (sdb3 is a SWRAID1 of sda3)

I also used iotop to observe the active disk write speed and under normal conditions it's never going higher than 5 MB/sec (except while doing hdparm obviously)

The sqlitedb file was 7.2 MB before VACUUM and 5.1 MB after VACUUM.

hdparm -t /dev/sda3

hdparm -t /dev/sdb3

(sdb3 is a SWRAID1 of sda3)

I also used iotop to observe the active disk write speed and under normal conditions it's never going higher than 5 MB/sec (except while doing hdparm obviously)
    I can reproduce Linnun's problem with a separate database. Debian Wheezy here. For some reason when I change user groups in TS3 the server ends up doing this query 10-16k times!
    select * from clients where client_unique_id = ServerQuery and server_id=1
    edit: aand now this is a known bug, see this thread
    Last edited by duidalus; December 2nd, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duidalus View Post
    edit: aand now this is a known bug, see this thread
    Finally someone to investigate and make actual progress on this bug, thanks!

I hope that we get a hotfix for this soon, it's pretty critical for big servers with many groups and clients.

i was trying to update the server from 3.0.10.2 to this version...
    using centos 64 bit as the host
    sqlite as database

i do:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh status
    # server is running.
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh stop
    # server stopped.
    but something weird happened. usually, i get "Server has been shut down: Server Shutdown!" in the TS3 application. but no...
    i waited, not disconnected whatsoever..so i try to reconnect in new tab..and it still got connected. so i kill the process.
    then i check again, still not disconnected...so i open my crontab, commented the line on teamspeak startscript, and restart the host.

then, i check with TS3 application, trying to connect..its not connected(obviously!duh)..
    then i do :
    Code:
    tar xvfz teamspeak3-server_linux-amd64-3.0.11.1.tar.gz
    then as always,
    Code:
    chown user:group /path/to/ts3/install/*
    so it got recursive.

then, i try to start the teamspeak server with this:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start
    but?something magic happened!!

something with something saying error on line 32 on ts3server_startscript.sh
    dont know what...so i just restart the host

Code:
    reboot
    then, after it became alive again, i try:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start
    and keep waiting on the TS3 application...nothing happened...but suddenly "CONNECTED" as the woman in the sound pack said.

then, i login to the server query with putty:
    Code:
    login serveradmin PASSWORD
    #error id=0 msg=ok
    then i select the server:
    Code:
     use port=ANY_ACTIVE_PORT
    #error id=1540 msg=convert\serror
    oh okay...then i try:
    Code:
    use port=9987
    #error id=0 msg=ok
    NICE!
    then i type this out.
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=1 permsid=b_channel_join_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_join_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_semi_permanent permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_channel_create_temporary permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_server_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_channel_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=b_client_offline_textmessage_send permvalue=0 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_private_textmessage_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1|permsid=i_client_poke_power permvalue=-1 permskip=1 permnegated=1
    #error id=0 msg=ok
    allright...its all done...check on server log. some lines with permission changes from serveradmin to server group "Guest Server Query"

and the upgrade is done..

TL/DR:
    this is just some tutorial to remind how to update the TeamSpeak instance..

A new beta was released to fix the perfomance issues with SQLite/MariaDB

It's a beta release
    Please make a backup of your exisiting databse!

http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/pr...0.11.2-Beta-4/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'm aware of the risk to run the beta version on a live environment, but with the severity of the bug in the last stable version, I have no choice.
    First impression after a few hours: so far the beta server is running great and the major performance issues when assigning groups seems to be gone.

Thanks!

There is a workaround without using the beta.
    The problem only occurred, when no ServerQuery (it's the GuestQuery) was added in the database for a virtual server.
    The new server adds it as soon the serveradmin login was used or, when the first normal client did connect to the server.

How to fix it manually
    1. Connect to the ServerQuery and do not login.
    2. Now use the command "use port=yourvoiceport" for each virtual server you have.

btw 3.0.11.2-Beta-5 was released with 2 more bugfixes for the ServerQuery and one of them is a critical crash.
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/pr...0.11.2-Beta-5/
    Last edited by dante696; December 10th, 2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: beta 5 added
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks dante! Is there a RSS feed or a mailing list or something to get informed about stable (and/or beta) server updates?

Thanks dante! Is there a RSS feed or a mailing list or something to get informed about stable (and/or beta) server updates?
    To get informed about that kind of updates I recommend the following plugin: Distill Web Monitor - Alert Box.
    It will check any website for the changes defined through your filter (make sure to set it up correctly for each site you watch, so it doesn't pop up when the site is empty or cloudflare is loading [this happens often when you visit the site for the first time per day]).

Server Update 3.0.11.2 has been released, fixing several bugs.

RSS as linked on the page:
    http://teamspeak.com/rss.php?type=news&lang=en
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/external....S2&forumids=91 (this is the announcement/news forum only)
    Last edited by dante696; December 18th, 2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: url frixed
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information