Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamspeak crashes when I connect a Wiimote

Hello guys,

the following procedure crashes Teamspeak (3.0.16 32 bit) reliably:

• Open Teamspeak, do nothing else with it
    • Connect your bluetooth dongle or whatever you have
    • Sync your wiimote to your computer
    • Either TS crashed by now ("XY.exe has stopped working") or you press any Button on your Wiimote and it will crash.

Restarting Teamspeak will help until you press another button on the wiimote.

Any Ideas? I can't use my wiimote for playing games while talking to my friends, pretty frustrating.
    Last edited by vikenemesh; October 9th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

How do you connect the Wiimote?
    There is no official driver for this.

I am not sure if we can fix this, but i want to test it out on my local machine.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I've got a pretty standard USB Bluetooth dongle for ~6€, Wiimote shows up like any other device and offers a HID, it doesn't need a special driver.

Have a screenshot of the device name and some details:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018212bb69.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	11393

The driver software that came with my dongle says this about itself:

Name:	43c08ae672.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	11394

Edit: Trying some older releases now for giggles.

3.0.10 is working.
    3.0.12 is working.
    3.0.13 is working.
    3.0.13.1 is working.
    3.0.14 is crashing.

Looks like 3.0.14 broke something. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by vikenemesh; October 9th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.

There are changes in the hotkey system in client 3.0.14 (thank you for testing that)
    - Fixed joystick/gamepad button count.

Maybe i have 2 temporary soloutions for this. I will test this too, if i get my laptop to work with that wiimote.

1. Try set your client hotkey system to "Keyboard & Mouse Only"

Name:	hotkey system.png 
Views:	340 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	11395
    2. or try to run client without an active hotkey system.
      The paramter -nohotkeys must be added behind the executable path.
      Code:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" -nohotkeys

Name:	no hotkey system.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	11396
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Lol. You nailed it spot on.

Your proposed hotfix worked like a charm. I don't even use any hotkeys, so this resolves the issue on my side, thanks!

I hope you can find the piece of code that breaks it though.

Some additional info: Wiimotes don't report their button-configuration to windows(see screenshot). Third party applications can poll button-presses and motion sensor data though.

Name:	36c68755a4.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	11397

Maybe the code can't handle these unknown input sequences very well and crashes.

Edit: I'm a developer myself and I'm happy that you can enjoy a detailed error-report. I guess most reports here are quite hard to track down in the code.
    Also: Sorry for making you read german screenshots.

I was able to reproduce this and I did report everything.
    We will update this, thread, when something was fixed or decided.

Dolphin Emulator crash Teamspeak

I have no idea why but for some reason when i emulate a game on Dolphin it makes my teamspeak crash and it will crash the second i start it up again, it happens with all games i emulate.
    It simply comes up with the windows 7 error message.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?
    Last edited by dante696; February 24th, 2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merged

Isn't it a Wii emulator?
    In case it is, then we know about that crash caused from the WiiMote and we have a tempory fix for this.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...523#post393523

Question TS3 Crash without dump File while connecting to specific BT device

hello,

I use the Version 3.0.16 and I have the issue, if I connect a Wii-Mote (rvl-cnt-01) per bluetooth with my PC
    Teamspeak crashes without creating the dump file.
    the only data I can get is this:

Code:
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ts3client_win64.exe, Version: 3.0.16.0, Zeitstempel: 0x53df8e89
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ts3client_win64.exe, Version: 3.0.16.0, Zeitstempel: 0x53df8e89
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000535a7c
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1744
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d000ba9a5319a6
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe
    Berichtskennung: 2e48f968-6cfa-11e4-bf92-001a7dda710a
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
    all other applikations works fine.

Now I am running Win 8.1 64 bit with the BT device "CSL USB Bluetooth Nano Stic" USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891

I had the same issue on Win7 with another Bluetooth Dongle and again a Wiimote where TS crashed but I stopped using that,
    so I lost that out of my eyes.
    The Wiimote is registeres as a HID Device.

Connecting to another Bluetooth devices such a Galaxy S3 or Nexus 7 works fine without crashing Teamspeak.

Can I set TS to a debug mode the enforce a dump?
    Last edited by dante696; November 15th, 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: merged, please use the search feature

In regards to 3.0.16, I found that waiting to start Teamspeak up before you connect your wiimote, you then go to Settings>Options, and on the left, go to hotkeys, there's a pulldown menu on the lower right you can set to "Keyboard and mouse only" and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Admittedly I couldn't get teamspeak to start up at all because I was using my wiimote in a video game at the time, but came across this and found out about potential complications in using a gamepad that isn't well supported. So that's how I have made it work so you can still use hotkeys.

Bluetooth Device Application crashes TeamSpeak 3.0.14-3.0.16

Everytime I run GlovePie running any script with keybindings if they aren't associated with the keyboard OR mouse it crashes TeamSpeak.

GlovePie is an application that connects with Bluetooth
    I ran a Debug and it was point an arrow towards > msvcr110.dll!6ae528b7() Unknown

Code:
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\Qt5Core.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\msvcp110.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\msvcr110.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\Qt5Gui.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\Qt5Widgets.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\Qt5Network.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\Qt5Sql.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\quazip.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wtsapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IPHLPAPI.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winnsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\platforms\qwindows.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\userenv.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sqldrivers\qsqlite.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dhcpcsvc.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\soundbackends\directsound_win32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wdmaud.drv'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ksuser.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\avrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.drv'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msacm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\midimap.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\soundbackends\windowsaudiosession_win32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\imageformats\qgif.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\imageformats\qjpeg.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\clientquery_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WSHTCPIP.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\teamspeak_control_plugin.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wship6.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptsp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rsaenh.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RpcRtRemote.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winsta.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\Common\sapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msdmo.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kurzweil Educational Systems\Common Files\Acapela\AcaTtsSapi5.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kurzweil Educational Systems\Common Files\Acapela\AcaTTS.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nlaapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NapiNSP.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rasadhlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kurzweil Educational Systems\Common Files\Acapela\bin\Selector2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\accessible\qtaccessiblewidgets.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ExplorerFrame.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\duser.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'ts3client_win32.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dui70.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The thread 0x1014 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 0x86c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    A buffer overrun has occurred in ts3client_win32.exe which has corrupted the program's internal state. Press Break to debug the program or Continue to terminate the program.

For more details please see Help topic 'How to debug Buffer Overrun Issues'.

When GlovePie is not running with a script OR if I disconnect any bluetooth device the application works fine and never has crashed on me.
    can you please fix this I really want to have GlovePie run side by side with TeamSpeak I wanted to even make a script for it. Is there anyway you could look into this problem? there is no .dmp file in the Documents produced from this crash. Maybe add a keybinds options from third party programs? Like I said it only crashes WHEN GlovePie is running a script and Bluetooth device is running through GlovePie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; February 3rd, 2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: bbcoded added and merged

Thread merged
    I think it's the same crash , I think it's the same crash. GlovePie is also used to enable the Wiimote.

The only workaround for this (worked in other thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    There are changes in the hotkey system in client 3.0.14 (thank you for testing that)
    - Fixed joystick/gamepad button count.

Maybe i have 2 temporary soloutions for this. I will test this too, if i get my laptop to work with that wiimote.

1. Try set your client hotkey system to "Keyboard & Mouse Only"

Name:	hotkey system.png 
Views:	340 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	11395
    2. or try to run client without an active hotkey system.
      The paramter -nohotkeys must be added behind the executable path.
      Code:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" -nohotkeys

Name:	no hotkey system.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	11396

Client 3.0.17 will solve the crash with the WiiMote.

But, the controller can not be used for hotkeys in the client.
    Last edited by dante696; March 3rd, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks for the info though! Glad it's fixed.

Potential workaround for using a WiiMote with Teamspeak:
    Map button presses to keyboard shortcuts with GlovePIE and assign these shortcuts in Teamspeak.

Windows 8.1 error message "TeamSpeak 3 Client has stopped working"

Hello all,
    Thanks in advance for your help. I've been at this problem for a while now, I NEVER post in forums for support but I've become this desperate.

I'll get to the point.
    Every time I try to launch the TeamSpeak 3 Client, I get this Windows error message:
    http://i.imgur.com/lxEcoWq.png

Some info:

*I built this PC, The TS3 client worked within the first month of me using this new rig, and one day the client decided to fail every time I try to launch it.

*I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit

*I've tried installing and running both 32bit and 64bit versions of the current client

*I've tried running and installing them in all compatibility mode options

*I've tried installing and running 32bit and 64bit versions of previous TS3 builds

*I've tried using the windows program compatibility troubleshooter. I end at a message that simply reads "program is not compatible"

*I've tried reducing my CPU overclock speeds from 4.6Ghz to the stock 4.0 (I know it's odd but I had a feeling it might work)

*I've played with my firewall to see if anything was blocking it, nothing is.

*I've opened and closed several ports on my router (another weird one)

*I've tried installing the current client version to a USB storage drive and running it from that

*I've tried running it as an administrator

*AND FINALLY, I wiped all of my drives (effectively around 2TB of files and data) and completely re-installed windows using the installation disk, the first thing I did after the wipe was install a few things from ninite, installed and ran TS3 and got the same error message. I almost put a fist through my monitor.

I tried to give as much info as possible, If I left any important details out I'll be sure to answer them as quickly as possible. I'm just ready to find a way to fix this thing.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by dante696; May 4th, 2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information