Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    After resetting all permissions.
    Just remove Grant values on all permission that your Co-Admin group should not be able to add/remove or change.
    Do it on permissions like member add or needed member add power etc (or do it on all, there is no real reason why they shuold change permissions).
    And lower his own member add power below Server admins needed member add power.
    And do this before you assign the group to anyone!

Or do not assign that group to user that fool you

To get back to thread topic, this thread is about "Reset permissions when user gained permissions and you can not figure out where he has them" and not how does permission system works.
    Please create a new or searchfor existing threads for this
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Issues with a teamspeak "dev" on our server

Greetings,

So basically we set up a teamspeak for a gaming community and we set someone as our "teamspeak dev" we called it to sort tags out and so on and so forth.

Issue is even when he is removed from all tags and stuff he still has the power to ban everyone and can just reassign all his stuff. even though we removed his key. He somehow gets it all back.

Any ideas on what we can do to get this guy gone?
    Last edited by dante696; April 3rd, 2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.D View Post
    Greetings,

So basically we set up a teamspeak for a gaming community and we set someone as our "teamspeak dev" we called it to sort tags out and so on and so forth.

Issue is even when he is removed from all tags and stuff he still has the power to ban everyone and can just reassign all his stuff. even though we removed his key. He somehow gets it all back.

Any ideas on what we can do to get this guy gone?
    Remove all permissions seen when you right click his nickname. Also he could have added similar permissions to a channel where when he enters the channel he is able to ban people. If thats the case you can just right click the channel where he has added permissions to and remove them just like below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KLO55hj.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	15324

Clearing all client permissions from all users?

Lots of people on my teamspeak server have client permissions that they shouldn't have anymore and I don't know what identities have them and who don't. If there is anyway I can just wipe all client permissions from all of the users via server query or anything that would be great.

-Liam
    Last edited by dante696; June 6th, 2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: merged

Only wiping client permissions isn't possible if you do not know who has permissions.
    You can only can reset all permissions to their default state in such case or find and delete their identities.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

How do I reset all client permissions?

Hi, I enabled the "Advanced Permissions System" in my options and in my server went and changed client permission individually. I'm wondering how I can reset them back to how they were when the server was made. I want to keep all the groups I have in the server, but I just want to set all the client permissions back to normal. It's causing a few issues and I have zero sense as to why they are occurring.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; August 14th, 2017 at 07:24 AM. Reason: merged

Resetting only client permissions is not possible.

You can choose to reset all permissions and groups to default or you choose to delete the users out of the client list or delete theme manually.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Resetting only client permissions is not possible.
    You know, TeamSpeak:
    Name:  adv_35.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  64.0 KB

So I used my free afternoon and simply created this feature:
    Name:  yatqa-permfind2.png
Views: 208
Size:  194.2 KB

If I can implement this in a single afternoon, you guys should be able to do that as well. Plus: You get paid for doing stuff, I don't.

Server Assistance Needed

Hello,

I have a dedicated Linux Server ( version 3.9.1 ) and i have custom made permissions mostly for channel
    I have made this permission based on tutorials and guides that i have found here and they work fine ...

From yesterday i started to experience a very STRANGE things , one guy with the username "Systems" is connection to my TS3 Server and he is removing my administrator access , i don`t receive any audio message that i have been demoted or anything else ..
    Also in the server logs i can`t find anything ..just that he is connecting ..downloading the custom icons that i have on my server and then..in lest then 10 minutes he is removing my administrator account ( and he is guest ) ...
    I have also connected from another instance of teamspeak with a standard user with class guest i can`t do anything to my Administrator account or any other class lower or anything ..

Can someone point me in the right direction because it`s very frustrating and annoying at the same time

Kind Regards,
    Artix

My guess without any details from you:
    Permissions are setup that permissions can be granted or group needed remove power is to low. and logging is disabled.
    I suggest to reset all permissions to get this solved.

Humble Request

My guess without any details from you:
    Permissions are setup that permissions can be granted or group needed remove power is to low. and logging is disabled.
    I suggest to reset all permissions to get this solved.

Is it possible to connect and maybe see from your side..i can't change anything with the guest group and class.... somehow that guy can..an there is no audio when he takes my rank...it just disappears..can you please take 5 mins from your time to connect to my server please ?

I would not see anything else? We both would stand in same position.

Please make sure you are running the latest server and do a permreset (or let server owner do this).
    Just login into the ServerQuery and then perform the command permreset. In case you do have access to it.
    Please use the serveradmin account to perform the permreset.

This happens on the selected virtual server after permreset:
    - Stops the virtual server
    - Removes all permissions from users and channels
    - Deletes all server and channel groups
    - Recreates all default groups from server instance template
    - Creates a privilidge key for the Server Admin group
    - Starts the server

This will not be touched and stays as it was:
    + Users and their avatar (will only lose permissions as mentoined above)
    + Channels and their settings (except channel permissions and icon setting)
    + Server settings
    + Stored files on server / In channel

How to use the Query
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...e-Server-Query

I would not see anything else? We both would stand in same position.

Please make sure you are running the latest server and do a permreset (or let server owner do this).
    Hi dante696

Thank you very much for the reply and suggestion
    I only wanted you if it where possible to connect 5 mins to my server because for you i'm 100% sure would be more easy to spot how he is doing it...and i don't have to reset all the permissions and start from scrap again.....
    Also i am the administrator of the server ...i have actually made a small solaris11 zone for the server and i'm also having the latest version of the server...i don't have many groups..most of the custom groups are only for channel, not global privileges and this is why i don't understand how he is doing it, i have made this custom groups 5 years ago and i did not had a problems when i was having 300+ users on the server.
    I also have not made any changed ( significant ones for this groups in the last 2 years) just improved them based on documentations and suggestion what i have found useful from experienced people from this forum

Also when you take someone's privileges you get an audio message " you have been demoted" when this guy is connected ...i have no such message ..my admin just disappears and his "guest" group does not change ....and this i find very awkward..

But anyways i will not continue with this message..i will maybe reset how you say or find an alternative to TS

I wish you a good day and thank you for the support

Kind Regards,
    Artix

Thread Information