Forum

cliententerview add client_lastconnected to data

Hi,

can you add client_lastconnected, before database update, to the data when we listen the cliententerview event?

This would be usefull to skip calling clientinfo when client connect, my bot need to send last news to the client who's not connected before publication timestamp.

Thank you

PS: Update client_lastconnected when the client leave or lost connection would be better no?

What sense does that make? If a client connects, its last connected time is right now.

Bot messages are super-nasty anyway, that's why I instantly add all query bots to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What sense does that make? If a client connects, its last connected time is right now.

Bot messages are super-nasty anyway, that's why I instantly add all query bots to my ignore list.
    The last connected value is non-sens actualy, rename it client_connected is more appropriate. The last connected should be the timestamp from the last session connection/disconnect before the current session.

My bot send only the lastest news to members wasn't online before the publication. Currently i save the true last connection into JSON file to ignore clients who's already have the lastest news.

Bot message are nasty if it used for anything and any old way. My goal is to not spam users and my bot sends, on average, one message per week.

Thread Information