Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Creating a new TS 3 server problem

Hi,

I'm trying to create a personal TS server on Win 64bit (have correct zip file) and followed the video tutorial but when I start the client, go to connections and press connect it doesn't show the opton to enter my privilege key but goes straight to a channel and wants me to enter a password.
    It shows the Server Address, the Nickname and a Server password (which I removed as per video) tab fine.

I also checked the 'More' tab and tried to enter the Privilege key there but than it says its a invalid or used key.

I deleted the server folder a few times, got a new admin password and Privilege key but still it's not letting me use it.
    I also downloaded a fresh copy of the 64bit server zip file but the problem persists.
    (its almost as if I already have a TS server running but forgot the PW to it... Which as far as I know haven't).

Tanks in advance for your replies.

Greatings

HJ

You can enter your privilege key at Permissions -> Use Privilege Key.

The behaviour you have described does sound like you have another server installed somewhere. By default, there is no server password / channel password and there should only be one channel (the Default Channel).
    Simple test - connect to the server, shut down the TeamSpeak 3 Server instance and see if you get disconnected ;-)

Thx for the quick reply..

However I have a fresh install of Win 7 64bit (not one months ago) and today I wanted to create a small server.
    After enabling the server and starting TS client I do get the tab with the Server address and Nickname and stuff (as per tutorial) but after pressing connect there's no pop-up letting me enter the Priv. key.

I don't understand what mean about entering the privilege key under permissions/ Use privilege key... Going there shows 'Use privilege key' grayed out. Guess because I'm not logged in.

Same goes for the test, I can't connect to the server... its asking for a password, there's no:
    Teamspeak ]|[ Server> Default channel> or anything....both windows are blanc (like when you start TS and haven't preset a bookmark).

Regards,

HJ

How to create a server:
    - Unpack ZIP file.
    - Doubleclick server.
    - Write down stuff.
    - Connect to this IP: localhost
    - Enter admin token in the box that comes up.

Do this and it WILL work. 100%.

Thank you numma_cway, I've just spent 2 hours searching the forum trying to find an answer the same as HertogJan problem and your suggestion fixed my problem strait away.

After a couple of more hours I figured it out aswell.

Your short but to the point reply confirms it...

At first there was no localhost but a IP written in the server address box and I figured it was my IP address, little did I know it would try and connect to that IP address. (kinda dumb of me tbh).

Anyhow, thanks for the quick responses.

Regards,

HJ

A lot of routers do not allow to connect to the external IP from the inside of your own network. This is probably why you were unable to connect to your own server via the external IP.

Thread Information