Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Re-create a deleted channel through ServerQuery, namely with same channel ID?

Hi all.

I'm working off and on with a pretty major bot improvement for my teamspeak server.

After gaining a lot of popularity on my teamspeak server, I've noticed that the list of clan channels is growing by ridiculous amounts, and while we do regular pruning, it is still a shame that we must shoo clan members away if they're not visiting us often enough.

The solution for me is to let a bot do some channel management; since there's currently no decent way to hide/unhide channels, I'm letting my bot delete a channel as soon as there are no clan members for that channel online, then re-create it once one of the clan members are online again.

There's a very obvious flaw to this, which is that saved passwords for channels, and the "default channel" feature becomes moot as it's technically a brand new channel.

My question is; is there a way to create a new channel through ServerQuery, but bind it's channel ID to one that is not auto-incremented based on the latest channel created?

-

A work-around would be to move a clan channel to within an unsubscribed parent channel, I suppose. But in that case, how do I hide the child channels within a parent channel? Unsubscribe doesn't seem to work that way.

Right now it's looking like the best option for me is to completely abolish the password system for clan channels and use channel groups to define join power instead.

TL;DR - Is there any way to force channel ID upon channel creation through ServerQuery?
    Last edited by qvazzler; October 22nd, 2014 at 01:28 AM.

Your question/bot makes no sense, because of three reasons:

• Default channels don't have anything to do with channel IDs. Default channels are identified by name.
    • In the moment a user joins, his channel does not exist, so it does not qualify for default channel option anyway. The bot would have to move the user after creating the channel.
    • You cannot get the password of a channel and therefore cannot recreate a password protected channel.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Your question/bot makes no sense, because of three reasons:

• Default channels don't have anything to do with channel IDs. Default channels are identified by name.
    • In the moment a user joins, his channel does not exist, so it does not qualify for default channel option anyway. The bot would have to move the user after creating the channel.
    • You cannot get the password of a channel and therefore cannot recreate a password protected channel.
    My question/bot makes no sense? I guess it's popular to begin forum replies with these choice of words, but it's kind of rude if you ask me.

Yes I suppose you are right about the client-side default channel option. That one is easy to re-create with the bot though, so no problems there. I did not know that it worked by name and not ID, so that's good to know.

And about the password readability; I had forgotten about this (still just theorycrafting for this feature).. I guess I will just label the whole password system as a bad idea for my intents and purposes and work with channel group join powers instead.

-

If someone has an answer to my question, kindly let me know. Would be great to know for future purposes even if the client-side default channel feature doesn't use channel ID's.

You cannot change/force IDs, because IDs are automatically generated by the database framework (a table's so-called auto-increment property). Not even TeamSpeak influences them.

Thread Information