Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey,

as a result of no more answers, I point to my last post (see at my edit) for a possibility to make it harder.

With the new stable version and the support of myTeamspeak I see the possibility, that you make "myTeamspeak only servers" or even make it to an obligation to use a myTeamspeak Account.

If you ban somebody, you don't ban the Identity but rather the used account.

Of course you can bypass this, but I dpn't think that trolls or similar people want to create so much accounts.

Best regards,
    Hathion

Sorry did not see the reply. Edits do not mark thread as unread.
    Better create anew post in future.

Anything can be changed or replaced on computer systems and users could create a new "client identity " any time.
    The user just needs to create a new identity anywhere else to come back in that case.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Anything can be changed or replaced on computer systems and users could create a new "client identity " any time.
    The user just needs to create a new identity anywhere else to come back in that case.
    I agree with that.
    My wish is not to make it impossible, but rather harder.

Creating a new identity and use another VPN tooks a few seconds.
    Creating a new myTeamspeak-Account, create a new Mail-Adress, confirm it etc. will take longer than this.
    And if it takes longer, less trolls want to do this.

I don't think, that many trolls have a good mind to do this. They will more probably search another server.

Please understand, that a high security-level is definite unsuitable for big public teamspeak-servers like ours.

Best regards,
    Hathion

TeamSpeak already added technology a while back to help prevent trolls coming back. If you permanently ban someone and they come back they might join from a phone or something. Ban them again. They will run out of devices to come back on. If they are still able to come back then unfortunately you are dealing with skilled IT people or similar and you will NOT keep them coming back in your server without passwording your server. You can add the flag to your members server groups to let them bypass server passwords and then you can add a password. They will get bored of trying. Then you can take off the password in a day or two. Alternatively you can make guests have -999 channel join power and keep guests in the server entrance and give them no messaging power etc. This youtube playlist might be of use https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...K-aD-nubcYBWqb

Trolls are annoying but there are plenty of ways of dealing with them and depending on your situation some are more suitable than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    TeamSpeak already added technology a while back to help prevent trolls coming back. If you permanently ban someone and they come back they might join from a phone or something. Ban them again. They will run out of devices to come back on.
    As far as I know, Teamspeak bans the unique ID and your IP. If you change them both and reconnect to the server, you'll be able to continue trolling on the same device. In this case you don't need to have any good skills in IT things. You just have to know how you have to do it. I already saw some PC magazines that gave a tutorial how to bypass teamspeak bans. So I haven't heard of any new technology to this topic. The only reason why using another device works, is that your phone for example has another unique ID (if you haven't imported your "Main-ID") and another IP-adress.

You can add the flag to your members server groups to let them bypass server passwords and then you can add a password. They will get bored of trying.
    Yes, thats true. You can do this, if you have a smaller server with a lower count of users. But it's unfortunately still unsuitable for bug public teamspeak-servers with more than 200 people on some evenings. A not quite unimportant count of our users don't have a member-group not to mention any other permissions on our server.

Alternatively you can make guests have -999 channel join power and keep guests in the server entrance and give them no messaging power etc.
    Same thing like the one with the password. A very important thing on a public teamspeak-server is, that random people can enter channels and talk with each other. Thats the principe of such a server. And yes, we have extra channels for our members, but as I already said, not everybody has a servergroup and not everybody want someone.

Best regards,
    Hathion

As far as I know, Teamspeak bans the unique ID and your IP. If you change them both and reconnect to the server, you'll be able to continue trolling on the same device. In this case you don't need to have any good skills in IT things. You just have to know how you have to do it. I already saw some PC magazines that gave a tutorial how to bypass teamspeak bans. So I haven't heard of any new technology to this topic. The only reason why using another device works, is that your phone for example has another unique ID (if you haven't imported your "Main-ID") and another IP-adress.
    Yes, as far as you know. I on the other hand know something else and will not be sharing any further details about it. If you checked the changelogs of TS over the last 2 or so years you would have been aware of a change, although you would not know the specifics of it. The changelog says everything you will need to know.

Yes, thats true. You can do this, if you have a smaller server with a lower count of users. But it's unfortunately still unsuitable for bug public teamspeak-servers with more than 200 people on some evenings. A not quite unimportant count of our users don't have a member-group not to mention any other permissions on our server.
    You can only do what you can do. Bans are powerful and so are server permissions. If you look at that playlist you will find out how to allow people to control their own area of the server safely without negatively impacting other people in other areas. So you have many options. Lock guests in the entrance, let them move around but not talk or message, let them go into specific channels or message specific people for permissions, hide people inside of channels to prevent guests spamming messages to everyone. Lots of options.

Same thing like the one with the password. A very important thing on a public teamspeak-server is, that random people can enter channels and talk with each other. Thats the principe of such a server. And yes, we have extra channels for our members, but as I already said, not everybody has a servergroup and not everybody want someone.
    As I said above, there are many options, including passwords. You should choose the best option for your given situation.

[Help] Banning Reoccuring User

I'm having a current problem, where this guy keeps joining our TS server & using a different IP / VPN to join our TS

So how do I permanently ban that? & Also there needs to be an IP Ban feature because honestly its needed.
    Last edited by dante696; July 10th, 2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: merged

VPN perma ban

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any ways to perma ban someone from a TS server that has a VPN that they use to keep re-joining it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; July 20th, 2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: merged

New banning system

By writing this topic I would like to know if a new banning system will be introduced, because the current one is very poorly efficient and it is easy to bypass it by changing productid, adrssu IP and ID.
    Last edited by dante696; October 13th, 2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Mezir View Post
    By writing this topic I would like to know if a new banning system will be introduced, because the current one is very poorly efficient and it is easy to bypass it by changing productid, adrssu IP and ID.
    Increase the security level required to join, it will slow them down and they will get bored..

Name:  FvVLU8XR.png
Views: 526
Size:  17.7 KB

also its more effort to change an IP then it is to ban it, so wildcard ban it..

if the ip is 127.0.0.1 then ban 127.0.0.* or even 127.0.*

Or use the permission system so they dont have a chance to disturb you ...

@up
    Your thinking is stupid.

Why should I use restrictions for all users?

The current ban system is hopeless and requires a change.

I merged your thread . We already have such topic in our forum.

There is no perfect ban system and there will not be any.
    User will always find a way to avoid a ban.

You have following options to solve that problem:
    • Use a high security level on your voice server
    • Put a password on your server and give it to the people.
    • Put a password on your server and assign the permission to ignore it to your member groups. But don't tell anyone else the password.
    • Remove the possibility for Guests to move out from default channel, to write in there etc. and to subscribe any channel

Edit
    The Question how we could improve the ban system stands in the room.
    Any idea is welcome.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Problem By unbanner tools

Hello,

When I ban Users in my teamspeak server,they unban themself by unbanner tools .(they change registry,identity,ip)
    How I can ban users without unban . ?

Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; November 15th, 2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: merged

Lightbulb

There is no perfect ban system and there will not be any.
    User will always find a way to avoid a ban.

You have following options to solve that problem:
    • Use a high security level on your voice server
    • Put a password on your server and give it to the people.
    • Put a password on your server and assign the permission to ignore it to your member groups. But don't tell anyone else the password.
    • Remove the possibility for Guests to move out from default channel, to write in there etc. and to subscribe any channel

Edit
    The Question how we could improve the ban system stands in the room.
    Any idea is welcome.
    I think Dante's suggestions are good enough but larger public servers should consider some more options:

• Use a high but not too high security level (Around 26 is reasonable to get trolls bored with the other options) [Be aware that there were tool released lately that allow possible trolls to increase their security level much faster then legimate Teamspeak users, so this might even be considered deprecated]
    • Use some kind of whitelist. The fairest i would imagine is by ISP. There are tools available for this (GzPro VPN Guard and Sprummlbot for example.) and i even wrote a own plugin for it (If you want something like that as an own client and not as client plugin msg me¹) [This would make it extremely hard for the troll to use a VPN]
    • Using short-range IP bans on the troll. [This would make it extremely hard for the troll to just change his dynamic home IP]

That's the best you can get currently. There's also this thing but i imagine it's only for (D)DoS protection.

Appendix 1: You could also ban users that have no valid country resolution (have no flag behind their name) or/and use a firewall that drops incoming connections from these clients, therefor fooling them that the server would be down.

Update ¹: https://github.com/Bluscream/TS3Audi...ator/plugin.cs

asdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
    Last edited by Bluscream; November 26th, 2017 at 02:56 AM. Reason: asdasdasdasd

Thread Information