Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Has the system of bans been finally improved?
    So that people who change their ip and product id can not enter.
    Last edited by dante696; January 23rd, 2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: moved to right thred

Quote Originally Posted by Mezir View Post
    Has the system of bans been finally improved?
    So that people who change their ip and product id can not enter.
    It is not technically possible to improve that system.
    (Posting in the correct thread and forum however is technically possible! )

Why do you say that it is technically impossible?
    It is enough that the client would download the MAC address of the computer, and the MAC address is a bit harder to change.

and the MAC address is a bit harder to change.
    "A bit" is way to big to be a bit ;(
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Why do you say that it is technically impossible?
    It is enough that the client would download the MAC address of the computer, and the MAC address is a bit harder to change.
    For Windows: Network card properties -> Advanced tab -> scroll down to "Network address". Here's your MAC changer nice and clear, in every Windows version starting NT4/Win95.

Windows 10 vanilla (with no installed addons) has an option to use random MACs everytime you connect to a WiFi network...
    Just saying.

What about solving a captcha? When a user enters it cannot do anything but has to solve a captcha to be able to proceed or get kicked.

I suggest this because I wrote a bot that basically does the same, in detail:
    New people are restricted to the lobby, can only text there and not speak. My bot (serverquery) is sitting in this channel.

My bot will text new users (logins=1) 20 seconds after cliententerview with a message like "Welcome, you have to accept the terms and conditions, click this link"
    The bot also writes the UID of the user to a mysql database.
    The link leads to my webpage where the user has to solve a google recaptcha and accept the terms and conditions. (of yourse my webpage is also connected to the mysql database).
    If the "confirmed" flag is not set the bot will kick the user after 60 seconds from the server.

So the effort is kinda high for trolls this way.

While this is a good solution, I think that not many users are having this issue, as this affects servers
    - that are public,
    - do not have password-protected channels (with public channels usually being password-protected) and
    - do not have any other type of restriction system
    So this should not be built-in in TeamSpeak. You might want to publish your bot, though.

Bann umgehen fixen

wir haben auf unserem ts einen user der ständig den bann umgeht gibt es eine möglichkeit das er trotzdem permannent geabannt bleibt

Hi,

Wie erstellst du den Bann? Gehst du in die Bannliste und bannst nur seine IP oder bannst du einfach nur den Client?
    Der richtige Weg ist: Rechtsklick auf den gewünschten Client und dann "Client bannen" betätigen, dann die Bannzeit auswählen und bestätigen.

Solange TeamSpeak nicht selbst etwas am Bannsystem ändert, ist ein permanenter Bann einfach umgehbar.
    Gebannt wird die IP Adresse des Clients und/oder dessen generierte Identität.

Beides kannst du relativ flott ändern bzw. neu generieren.

Das Thema Banns wurde schon des öfteren diskutiert und bislang gibt's keine Veränderung im System.

Sicherlich stellen Banns, die die Hardware-Spezifikationen des Clients miteinbeziehen
    auch keine 100%ige Garantie da, sie nicht umgehen zu können aber zumindest würde es den
    Prozess des Umgehens des Banns erschweren.

---

@Benni68

Als generellen Tipp empfehle ich dir, die minimale Sicherheitsstufe deines Servers anzupassen.

Sicherheitsstufen, die bsp. erst in Minuten, Stunden oder Tagen generiert sind, erhöhen den
    gebannten Client die Wartezeit, bis er sich wieder zu deinem Server verbinden kann, da er beim
    Generieren der neuen Identität das Sicherheitslevel erst erreichen muss.

Der Tipp bietet sich an, wenn du nur mit wenigen Freunden deinen eigenen TS Server nutzt.
    Für größere Server oder Gruppen von Clients wird das viele Nutzer abschrecken.

---

Ansonsten gilt es abzuwarten ob TeamSpeak sich entschließt, zumindest das Umgehen des Banns zu erschweren...

Quote Originally Posted by .Fake. View Post
    Ansonsten gilt es abzuwarten ob TeamSpeak sich entschließt, zumindest das Umgehen des Banns zu erschweren...
    *cough* this topic is old.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The Question how we could improve the ban system stands in the room.
    Any idea is welcome.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Server Admin Ban system? Help

Hi, usually server admin (75) bans by UNIQUE ID and IP if Im not wrong, but now when I ban them they change idendity and again come on my ts? So that means that SA bans by nickname now or? P.S Its ts I'm renting to some small group, is it posibble that maybe they configure something wrong?
    Last edited by dante696; August 7th, 2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: merged, see post #10

wenn ich jemanden banne dann will ich den schliesslich auch loswerden... ich banne den ja nicht zum spass
    und da darf es ruhig ein hardware ban / mac ban sein
    was spricht denn auch dagegen? andere system nutzen es auch mit erfolg...

when i ban someone i want to get rid of him for sure... im not banning him just for fun
    and in this case it should be something like hardware ban / mac ban
    what speaks against it? other systems also use it with success ...

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Edit
    The Question how we could improve the ban system stands in the room.
    Any idea is welcome.
    Remove the ability to create multiple identities.. maybe?

Thread Information