Forum

TeamSpeak3 soundpack settings.ini syntax

Hello, fellow TS3 users and administrators.

So basically I've been looking for a way to hack together some kind of settings.ini soundpack to change the "channel message received" Text-to-speech message to say, well, the actual message!

Now, I've searched all over the place for something that'd work, and found basically nothing documenting the possible variables you can put into a soundpack's settings.ini (I'm talking the ones that're like ${clientname} and ${servername}) but I've found nothing. I've found an outdated plugin that does...something (API version's been changed a few times) but that's not what I'm looking for.

TS3 Devs, if the variable that translates to the message contents isn't there already, could you drop it in with the next update? Pretty sure there's a LOT of us who want this.

(Sorry if this is the wrong section or something. It's soundpack-related so I figured this was a good a place as any.)

Thanks for any insightful responses you can offer me.

There is no feature, that reads the content of text messages. It must be done with an external text to Speech software or plugin.

We did not add this feature and will not add such a feature into the client.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...text+to+speech
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

So... what you're saying is it's not possible to expose a single variable which you can easily retrieve upon reception of a text message in a tab to the text-to-speech engine that's already capable of saying arbitrary strings... why?

EDIT: maybe I should be more specific:

The text to speech engine already attempts to pronounce the names of clients (or their phonetic nickname if they have one set) upon reception of a message or their client taking an action. (moving around, connecting, disconnecting)

I've been able to get the settings.ini in the text-to-speech soundpack to say completely random things. (I had it "asking for sustenance" last week upon connection to a server)

I still don't see why it's not possible, or not a thing you want to do.

It is technically possible, but we did not and will not add it into the client code.

We did reject TTS for chat as a client feature.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information