Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Update TS3 server 3.0.3 to 3.0.6.1

Hello i have question how to update team speak 3 server on FreeBSD which files i must overwrite ?

Thread was merged.
    Please use the search function first.
    Last edited by dante696; August 6th, 2012 at 07:57 AM.

Just copy everything you download over the installed copy, you won't overwrite any user data

Update Server from build 14468 to newest version 3.0.6.1

Hi,
    I want to know if I can upgrade my Server from build 14468 to the newest version of 3.0.6.1.

Can I start this upgrade easily or do I have to reckon some problems?
    The last time I've updated my TS3 Server every guest and user was able to kick and ban everyone on the server....I dont want something like this to happen again.

And what about the license? I've got an old NPL which works perfect, do I need to attend for a new one? Because the changes on the requirements for a new NPL are way over the top.

Hope you can help me with this, thx in advance.

Thread got merged
    Last edited by dante696; August 6th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.

fastgiga you don't have to send me a private support question for this.
    This thread answers your question and the server version does not matter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    1 -> Download the new Files.
    2 -> Stop the Server.
    3 -> Make a complete BackUp
    4 -> Overwrite the old Files with the New.
    5 -> Start the Server.
    This answers all your question, even the license question.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

It is possible to update "on the fly", isnt it? 1) backup 2) upload new files 3) restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Elradon View Post
    It is possible to update "on the fly", isnt it? 1) backup 2) upload new files 3) restart.
    No you can not update your server, while it is running (on the fly) and the steps have been give above in many other post's.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I was running server 3.0.0 RC1, when I updated the server software to 3.0.6.1 via the standard method for upgrading all my old channels and users were deleted. I have had to do a full server reinstall and get the admin token to get admin for my own server as well as set up all the channel and client permissions again. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and had both server versions for this OS. Are there dummy files in the setup file that overwrote the previous files?

The official downloads from our downloads page do not include any files that contain user settings. As such they don't get overwritten and should still be loaded with a new release.

You might have accidently extracted the server into a new directory and forgot to copy the files (most notably the ts3server.sqlitedb) over?

I extracted the files into the same directory as the old server and told windows to overwrite. When I started the server all my channels and user settings were lost.

are you sure you extracted to the correct directory and stopped the server properly (ie. NOT through task manager) before extracting the files?
    Try to stop the server again (right click the systray icon and exit) and copy the backup you hopefully created back into the server directory, then start the server again.
    If you used any parameters previously then make sure to use the same parameters again.

Server update

Hi

How do i update my server? Do i need to backup any files i already have on the existing server folder or i juat delete it and put the new server folder in it's place?

Thanks.

This thread was merged.
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

How i can update my server?

Hi folks,

I run a teamspeak server on my 64bit linux server (version 3.0.6.1). I want to update to version 3.0.10.2.
    Which files do I have to update if I don't want to loose my options and user data?

Cheers, Marco
    Last edited by dante696; November 18th, 2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: merged

Please read the upgrading instructions shipped with the server.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Please read the upgrading instructions shipped with the server.
    Oh. Well, I looked for such a file, but didn't recognized the ./doc directory. Thank you! Problem solved.

Cheers, Marco

Well, it does not clearly state that your servers are kept, but losing all data even when following the official upgrade instruction would be somewhat a shame.

Thread Information