Forum

Upgrade from 3.0.10.3 to 3.0.11.1 (MySQL/MariaDB)

Hi there!

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.0.10.3 to 3.0.11.1 (Ubuntu 12.04/64Bit) using MySQL. I followed the instructions in the "update_mysql_to_mariadb.txt" and edited my config as described. After starting the Server, it does not listen on any ports and simply does nothing. The only entries in the logfile are the following:

Code:
    2014-11-10 14:57:56.609537|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.11.1 (2014-10-15 07:06:31)
    2014-11-10 14:57:56.611074|INFO    |ServerLibPriv |   | SystemInformation: Linux 3.8.0-35-generic #52~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 30 17:24:40 UTC 2014 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
    2014-11-10 14:57:56.613899|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin name:    MariaDB plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2014-11-10 14:57:56.614893|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   | dbPlugin version: 1
    On the MySQL Server, i can see the following requests:

Code:
    Query     show tables like 'channels'
    Query     select * from instance_properties where string_id = ''
    ts3server.ini:

Code:
    default_voice_port=9987
    licensepath=/home/ts3test/ts3/
    filetransfer_port=30033
    query_port=10011
    query_ip=<MY-IP>
    query_ip_whitelist=query_ip_whitelist.txt
    query_ip_blacklist=query_ip_blacklist.txt
    dbplugin=ts3db_mariadb
    dbpluginparameter=ts3db_mariadb.ini
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_mariadb/
    dblogkeepdays=90
    logpath=logs/
    logquerycommands=1
    dbclientkeepdays=30
    ts3db_mariadb.ini
    Code:
    [config]
    host=<MySQL-Server-IP>
    port=3306
    username=ts3
    password=<db-password>
    database=ts3_testing
    Am i missing something i should have done before? I hope that someone can point me in the right direction or proof my stupidity

(Thankfully i backuped my old instance which is running just fine )

Thanks!

Kind regards,

h0rst

Did you wait long enough? Some people use pocket calculators as server and the puzzle precompute time is over ninethousand.

Hi!

Yeah, i waited several minutes while having a coffee break Im running a very well configured "pocket calculator". I think its called:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

I think performance should not be an issue. The TS3 Server normally comes up in a blink of an eye. Thanky for the reply. Maybe you
    have another tipp what possibly could be wrong?

Thx

Well, it seems im not that stupid. But nevertheless, im still lost somehow. I thought the problem was, that i used my old MySQL Server instead of my new MariaDB Testserver. Thankfully that was not my problem.

I was starting from scratch and created a new Database (this time on my new MariaDB Server) and configured my (newly downloaded) ts3-Server as stated above. On the Database i could see that only 6 Tables have been created:
    Code:
    MariaDB [ts3_updated]> show tables;
    +-----------------------+
    | Tables_in_ts3_updated |
    | channel_properties    |
    | channels              |
    | client_properties     |
    | clients               |
    | groups_channel        |
    | groups_server         |
    6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    After that the server does not listen on any ports and is doing ...well... nothing. Several cups of coffee later it still is idle. Any suggestions or ideas what might be the problem?

Kind regards,
    h0rst

Solved

I finally managed to get it working. After starting a new instance of the Server, i got the same errors as above. Since i forgot to shut down the non working server, i saw the following errors after i logged in to my server again:
    Code:
    ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   | db_exec() CREATE TABLE channel_properties(  server_id int unsigned,  id     int  error: Lost connection to MySQL server
    CRITICAL|SQL           |   | db_CreateTables() unable to create tables
    The SQL Connection died somehow after creating 6 Tables. After that, nothing happened. It seems the problem was my IPTables Firewall in connection with my IPS (Suricata) in NFQUEUE Mode. However, Suricata never logged any Dropped packets regarding MySQL (and normally it is logging every problem/action or whatever) , and running the older version of Teamspeak did not cause any Problems. Thats why i wasnt thinking about Suricata being the problem. After directly accepting (instead of using NFQueue) the Database connections via IPTables, everything works as expected.

All tables got created, i was able to deploy my VirtualServer Snapshot, and everything works perfectly. Looking back at the problem i should have done the test without IPTables/IPS first. But since the older TS3 worked perfectly and no other hosts had any problems with mysql connections, i didnt think it was my IPS. But since it did not log any dropped packets or any problems, i need to look a bit further into this problem.

Thank you anyways

Kind regards,
    h0rst

That smells of looming doom.
    In properly configured system, all traffic on local loopback should be allowed unconditionally.

Well, there is actually no local loopback interface involved. MariaDB/MySQL is on a VServer (KVM). Only forwarded traffic is sent to IPTables/Suricata, or at least some of it. Im weird sometimes, but not THAT weird

Thread Information