Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Uhm is there no id parameter to register notifies? I was checking the manual at http://media.teamspeak.com/ts3_liter...y%20Manual.pdf and it says the syntax is "servernotifyregister event={server|channel|textserver|textchannel|textp rivate}[id={channelID}]". I did assumed that I could change the order of the parameters since they are Keys from a Dict. I hope that's not what's causing my bug.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What type of events end? Channel or textchannel? Did you try it with event=channel id=0?
    Textchannel. Didn't tried it before but I will try now with PuTTY (to be safe). OK, tried, still bugs out. The order doesn't matter at all.

I always used: servernotifyregister id=9931 event=textchannel
    Now I used: servernotifyregister event=textchannel

Even if ID is not specified, both ways seems to stop working after 60-70 seconds since last text on the channel.

Please post a screenshot of wireshark that shows the end of the list with the last item selected after "following TCP stream" when notifications are no longer sent.
    Not sure I understood this, I did select the last item in the list, but did you want to see any of the paramaters that appear below? (Frame, Ethernet, Internet Protocol...) Anyway screenshot taken: http://i.imgur.com/kMcxIWZ.png

To make sure it's not because of permissions, have the bot log in using the account named serveradmin.
    Can't do that myself. However I will ask to the owner to run that and try whenever i see him online.

EDIT: More tests with PuTTY revealed that if i type servernotifyunregister after it stops sending notifications to me, it suddenly send together all the notifications that weren't send before, then it stops because it's unsubscribed. O,o This is getting weird...
    Name:  ZeNUxzG.png
Views: 228
Size:  130.5 KB

There's something wrong there for sure. Those notifications are "waiting" for something and trigger after unsubscribing.

EDIT 2: Is not my machine, the owner of that TeamSpeak server also tried the same commands with PuTTY and the notifications also stop for him (no python or code involved, just him with PuTTY). So it's either a Teamspeak bug or just that server bug.
    Last edited by Saelyth; November 20th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.

There are commands that require a certain key order to work (e.g. clientkick, whose own example in the documentation doesn't even work because of that). I don't think servernotifyregister requires a certain order. The id parameter is for channels. By the way, sendtexttextmessage also doesn't have a target parameter if in targetmode=2 or 3.

I tried to do exactly what you did with a normal Serveradmin account and was not able to reproduce stuff.

Could it be a bug of an specific server? I'm only trying with "37.187.39.202" server (which is an spanish MMO community teamspeak). Or maybe a bug of an specific build or version?

And anyway, as I said before I don't have a serveradmin account. So all the test are used with limited permissions.

It still makes me wonder what happened upthere in my previous post, where the notifies are send after the unregister event (edit number 1)

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this with my test query account (normal server admin group id 6) on my test TS3 server version 3.0.11. I waited 4 minutes without doing anything, but channel events will be displayed in Putty without problems.

I feel embarrased now. numma_cway joined my teamspeak channel and we did several tests until figure out what happens. It's actually the NAT of my router, it seems to close the Port on 60 seconds if there's no data received. At least I guess this thread can help others that face the same problem. It also explains why none of you could reproduce it.

The whole conversation was moved out of the old Bug report. It has nothing to do with this bug.

But I'm (we are) glad, that you have solved it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information