Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Client Connection Issues

I recently installed both Ubuntu Server 14.04 and Teamspeak 3 Server x86 3.0.11.1 on a dedicated machine for the sole purpose of running TS3 Server. I have been able to setup and connect from local IP's within my own network but any attempt by clients outside fail. I am fairly new to both Ubuntu Server and TS3 Server and am at a loss for answers. After some Googleing I have tried opening the appropriate ports (UDP:9987, and TCP:10011/30033) and setting the server with a static local IP. No changes I have made have allowed any outside access. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

OMG are you me?

Literally the SAME EXACT SITUATION.

Firewall on Server disabled. I moved the server's static IP to be within the DMZ. I am at a complete loss for words and it is really frustrating. I even re downloaded the server in case I had a corrupted file somewhere. I had a server running on windows but decided to put it on an old linux laptop to conserve power. Everything setting on the network remains unchanged (before i moved the server into the DMZ)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am double posting to let OP know that I managed to fix my problem.

I was under the assumption that the command "ifconfig ethX down" would disable said interface... WRONG. It just hides it from ifconfig because that is f***ing useful (unless the command is bugged)... I am hosting it on a laptop so team speak was defaulting to the wlan instead of the Ethernet adapter. It kept forwarding the traffic out of that interface that went nowhere because I did not have that IP's ports forwarded. After disabling the wlan in BIOS everything else went off without a hitch. I only discovered that this was the problem when I was in my router control webpage and saw the wlan IP. Hopes this fixes your problem.

ifconfig $iface down
    just… you know… put the interface down… so that it isn't accepting connections.
    Furthermore, whatever you assumed is simply not the case, because teamspeak doesn't use any interfaces directly.
    It just let the OS route traffic however you've configured it. Simply put, fix your routing and it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    ifconfig $iface down
    just… you know… put the interface down… so that it isn't accepting connections.
    Furthermore, whatever you assumed is simply not the case, because teamspeak doesn't use any interfaces directly.
    It just let the OS route traffic however you've configured it. Simply put, fix your routing and it'll work.
    I did that, and the interface remained up, even though it was not listing when I issued ifconfig. I wasn't referring to team speak specifically, I was just generalizing. I am extremely new to Linux in general and am currently taking a class on it. The class does not cover networking so I have been doing a lot of trial and error, mostly error.

Yet again, this is not the topic to discuss on these forums. And I'm not going to tell you how wrong you are in your assumptions and observations.
    Go to profile forums for your Linux distribution and ask there any questions you have about it.

Thread Information