Forum

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    MN,USA
    Posts
    13

    Question Packet Loss out for all clients?

    Hello I am a novice user to Linux, I am renting a VPS with Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit running Teamspeak 3 Server amd64 3.0.11.1 on it as a non-root user and everyone is experiencing "packet loss out" any where to 20.xx% - 50.xx% when they talk. Now from searching I have found that if everyone on their TS3 client is experiencing packet loss out on a TS3 server it is not the client issue it's a server issue especially when we all connect to the official public teamspeak server we don't experience the packet loss out like we do on our own private server. Besides the packet loss when people talk they cut out or sound robotic and sometimes time out while talking.

    my VPS specs are: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit OS 4 cores 1 GB Ram 30 GB Storage 3 TB Bandwidth

    Previously I was running on a windows server 2003 32bit VPS with no latency only crashing every other month but switch over to a linux based because of up-time stability.

    I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Last edited by Ozzkuss; November 23rd, 2014 at 01:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    Is this related to how many people talk? Then check your bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzkuss View Post
    3 TB Bandwidth
    3 TB bandwidth has not yet been invented. So no.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    MN,USA
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Is this related to how many people talk? Then check your bandwidth.
    3 TB bandwidth has not yet been invented. So no.
    that's what it displays on my VPS provider http://virpus.com/linux-vps.php 3TB per month and yes it is related to how many people talk.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,266
    According to that webpage the bandwidth is 1-2 Gbps shared with all VPS on that server, so if you're unlucky your VPS is on a server with many other high demand VPS and you get less than an average DSL line.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    Bandwidth is what Barungar said and usually "per second". "per month" stuff is called traffic. I wouldn't trust a ISP that doesn't know what bandwidth is. However, you should contact them. This is not related to TS, noone here is able to help you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    MN,USA
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    According to that webpage the bandwidth is 1-2 Gbps shared with all VPS on that server, so if you're unlucky your VPS is on a server with many other high demand VPS and you get less than an average DSL line.
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Bandwidth is what Barungar said and usually "per second". "per month" stuff is called traffic. I wouldn't trust a ISP that doesn't know what bandwidth is. However, you should contact them. This is not related to TS, noone here is able to help you.
    Thank you for your helpful replies that makes sense now to why everyone on my TS is having issues talking.
    Last edited by Ozzkuss; November 23rd, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Big packet loss
    By nickk in forum Client Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 18th, 2011, 03:51 PM
  2. Packet Loss with 2 Clients
    By Nikilein in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •