Forum

Question Packet Loss out for all clients?

Hello I am a novice user to Linux, I am renting a VPS with Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit running Teamspeak 3 Server amd64 3.0.11.1 on it as a non-root user and everyone is experiencing "packet loss out" any where to 20.xx% - 50.xx% when they talk. Now from searching I have found that if everyone on their TS3 client is experiencing packet loss out on a TS3 server it is not the client issue it's a server issue especially when we all connect to the official public teamspeak server we don't experience the packet loss out like we do on our own private server. Besides the packet loss when people talk they cut out or sound robotic and sometimes time out while talking.

my VPS specs are: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit OS 4 cores 1 GB Ram 30 GB Storage 3 TB Bandwidth

Previously I was running on a windows server 2003 32bit VPS with no latency only crashing every other month but switch over to a linux based because of up-time stability.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Last edited by Ozzkuss; November 23rd, 2014 at 01:13 AM.

Is this related to how many people talk? Then check your bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzkuss View Post
    3 TB Bandwidth
    3 TB bandwidth has not yet been invented. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Is this related to how many people talk? Then check your bandwidth.
    3 TB bandwidth has not yet been invented. So no.
    that's what it displays on my VPS provider http://virpus.com/linux-vps.php 3TB per month and yes it is related to how many people talk.

According to that webpage the bandwidth is 1-2 Gbps shared with all VPS on that server, so if you're unlucky your VPS is on a server with many other high demand VPS and you get less than an average DSL line.

Bandwidth is what Barungar said and usually "per second". "per month" stuff is called traffic. I wouldn't trust a ISP that doesn't know what bandwidth is. However, you should contact them. This is not related to TS, noone here is able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    According to that webpage the bandwidth is 1-2 Gbps shared with all VPS on that server, so if you're unlucky your VPS is on a server with many other high demand VPS and you get less than an average DSL line.
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Bandwidth is what Barungar said and usually "per second". "per month" stuff is called traffic. I wouldn't trust a ISP that doesn't know what bandwidth is. However, you should contact them. This is not related to TS, noone here is able to help you.
    Thank you for your helpful replies that makes sense now to why everyone on my TS is having issues talking.
    Last edited by Ozzkuss; November 23rd, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Thread Information