Forum

Some people can join my server, some people can not

Hello there!

A few months ago I decided to host my own TS3 server because I didn't want to rent a server. I had this problem where some people could connect to the server without any problems, but some people could not. The error message they were getting were "Failed to connect to server". I tried alot of things to solve the issue without any success. So I just gave up.

A few days ago I felt like giving it a try again because I have installed new operating system and thought that maybe it would work now. But no... Still same problem... What I have tried:

Downloading server from http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads.
    I forwarded the ports 9987, 10011 and 30033.
    Since I have a dynamic IP-adress I went to no.ip.com and setup a ddns.
    I tried turning off windows-firewall and "ddos protection" on my router but that didnt help.
    I gave that to my friends and as I said before, some of them can join and some of them can't. One thing that is weird to me is that all of my friends who have tried to join my server can join OTHER SERVERS without any problems at all.

The server(version 3.0.11.1) is running on windows 8 64-bit.
    Everyone who tried to join the server is running version 3.0.16 on their TS3 Client.

One of my friends who at first could'nt connect, somehow just randomly was able to connect to the server. Without me chaning anything. And after that we tried to let him join the server first(when the server was empty) and it worked, and then we tried to let him join when we already had some people on the server and he did connect again without problems. So out of nowhere he is able to join the server. About 5 minutes later his friend tried to join the server without success.

Im just stuck... This is so annoying and I just really want to solve this problem. I want anyone to be able to join my server...
    If anyone might know how to solve this, or if anyone can give me some tips on what to try please do so! If you feel like I left out any information just ask me and I'll answer.

As I said, I think it's really weird that those who can't join my server can join any other server without problems. Does that mean that there is something wrong on my end?

BTW
    I'm sorry if my english is bad, im swedish.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by blastyblazt; November 23rd, 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blastyblazt View Post
    Since I have a dynamic IP-adress I went to no.ip.com and setup a dns.
    DNS is cached. Have people try to connect without DNS.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    DNS is cached. Have people try to connect without DNS.
    Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that we have tried that already.

It seems like when I restart the server, some people can join...

No idea, could be anything. If it is random, it's usually a firewall problem (e.g. in router or as software). It could also be faulty DDoS protection in your router (DDoS protection in internet routers is entirely useless anyway). Do not disable NAT (disabling NAT is usually incorrectly named DMZ or exposed host) and software firewall at the same time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMZ.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	11650

Is that what you are talking about? Should I enable that for my server?

Do not disable NAT (disabling NAT is usually incorrectly named DMZ or exposed host) and software firewall at the same time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1huy2.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	11653

Found that on my router. I turned it off and that solved my problem.

It shouldn't.

It shouldn't.
    Probably this option includes something more than only block the ping; maybe the clue is in the "more info"

It shouldn't.

Now I'm having the same problem again... Some people can't join... I've tried turning off firewalls but it doesnt help, or sometimes it does.. This feels very random...

Rent a server. Your home internet is not meant to be used for hosting anyway.

Rent a server. Your home internet is not meant to be used for hosting anyway.
    "A few months ago I decided to host my own TS3 server because I didn't want to rent a server."

Can you not get a fixed ip from your provider?
    your network adapter is fixed ip or dhcp enabled on your pc?

Quote Originally Posted by blastyblazt View Post
    "A few months ago I decided to host my own TS3 server because I didn't want to rent a server."
    Look, this is not a forum to resolve your internet connectivity issues. We will try to help, but we can only do so much without your support. If you are unable to provide necessary support (due to lack of expertise or other causes) to resolve your issues, we won't be able to help at all. Try contacting your ISP tech support and explatin the situation. May be they will be able to assist you.

Thread Information