Forum

Ping spikes when i connect to a server

there is only one server that has this problem but i cant change it and i tried a million solution by now ...
    the problem is that my ping on google.com is 40-50 ms but when i connect to server the ping stays bet 40-50 except for 2 or 3 seconds it jumps to 800-900 ms and this problem repeats itself every minute or so i guess.

this problem happens on this server SOLELY and didn't happen with me on any other one

im using ts3 ver. 5.2.1 as described in this link " http://puu.sh/d2vjn/e6295a01bb.jpg "
    i think the version isn't the problem bec i've updated teamspeak alot and the problem presets

im on win 7 ultimate x64
    already tried to remove the windows and re installing teamspeak... didn't work

tried port forwarding didn't do anything "maybe bec i forwarded wrong ports... idk but if someone knows the right ports please do tell"

tired shutting down ipv6 and didn't work

im on normal wired connection not wireless

already read something about changing DNS server and disabling ip helpers but don't know how

This is not related to TeamSpeak, and without the IP, we can even do less to help you.
    Maybe people on the server DDoS you because they get your IP address when you connect?
    You can use Wireshark to find out what is going on (requires computer and networking experience to use), but in case of DDoS, traffic will be blocked at your NAT (which is in your router) and not be visible in Wireshark.

so the problem is not with my ISP ?... bec i thought it was
    plz do mention more about wire shark and DDoS
    btw here is the server adress ts50.light-speed.com:8248

Wireshark won't usually show DDoS if it is behind NAT. You could disable NAT (usually incorrectly called "enable DMZ") and try Wireshark (if WinPCAP comes before your software firewall, but I don't know if it does). However, this is extremely dangerous. I do not recommend that unless you really know what you are doing, which you don't seem to do.

A better alternative would be trying if you get lag spikes if noone else is on that servers. But because of query, people can see you even without you seeing them. And even if you could see queries by permissions, there is a security issue in query that allows people to see your IP while being entirely invisible.

TL;DR: I would just stop visiting that server.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Wireshark won't usually show DDoS if it is behind NAT. You could disable NAT (usually incorrectly called "enable DMZ") and try Wireshark (if WinPCAP comes before your software firewall, but I don't know if it does). However, this is extremely dangerous. I do not recommend that unless you really know what you are doing, which you don't seem to do.

A better alternative would be trying if you get lag spikes if noone else is on that servers. But because of query, people can see you even without you seeing them. And even if you could see queries by permissions, there is a security issue in query that allows people to see your IP while being entirely invisible.

TL;DR: I would just stop visiting that server.
    thats the problem bec i cant just stop visiting it, im playing world of tanks and its my clan ts server i must get on it while playing
    but i tried yesterday forwarding the ports shown by wire shark that corresponds this ts server ip... it worked but made the game very laggy so if u can tell me how to get the specific ports for this ts server and for world of tanks server (us server) it would be nice

when i forward ports should i use the source port or the destination port or both?

Forward is for servers only. Do not forward anything for a client. It doesn't even work, because you do not know the port.

Anyway, this issue cannot easily be resolved. You might want to try to use a proxy. But please stop doing random unrelated things.

Forward is for servers only. Do not forward anything for a client. It doesn't even work, because you do not know the port.

Anyway, this issue cannot easily be resolved. You might want to try to use a proxy. But please stop doing random unrelated things.
    im telling you i tried forwarding ports from 8000-40000 tcp and from 40000-50000 udp and it worked it just made the game so laggy so i wanna know what specific ports should i use

This cannot have fixed anything. What you did is just allowing cyber attacks on your computer, which, of course, slows it down.

I no longer want to discuss those stupid things with you.

This cannot have fixed anything. What you did is just allowing cyber attacks on your computer, which, of course, slows it down.

I no longer want to discuss those stupid things with you.
    ok thnx im about done too

Thread Information