Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

On writing a status script

Hey guys,

I'm a third year CS student looking for something to learn on. I figure why not play with something I'm already running. I bought a domain to use with my server - basically they only thing I use the domain for is ts.xxxxxxxx.com, and that's how my users connect to the ts server. I want to also have the website accessible from browser where my buddies can check the status of all the servers running on my homelab (Plex, TS3, Minecraft, etc).

So I was going to start with a TS3 status script and perhaps a live viewer as well. From what I've gathered in forum posts my best bet here will be to use the php framework. I'm not too familiar with php nor web development in general so I'm just looking for a starting point from you guys. I think where I'll be heading is writing a php script that will be querying the server first for virtual server connectivity, and then onto channels/clients and displaying that with icons and such.

If you have any ideas or how to go about this, please let me know. Whatever I write I'll be posting here and on the plugins page.

When using the PHP Framework you can just use its build in viewer. They have the code in the included examples and / or their webpage.
    Last edited by Chris; November 25th, 2014 at 07:47 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    When using the PHP Framework you can just use its build in viewer. They have the code in the included examples and / or their webpage.
    So sites like http://www.teamspeak3.com/teamspeak-server-status.php are fairly bogus, or just very simple? I'm assuming all they are doing is just taking in your info and sending it to the built in live viewer then.
    Last edited by Chris; November 25th, 2014 at 07:48 AM.

i think Chris is talking about this: https://docs.planetteamspeak.com/ts3...html#example11

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    i think Chris is talking about this: https://docs.planetteamspeak.com/ts3...html#example11
    Oh hey, didn't even realize that when I was looking through the API. Thanks guys.

Thread Information