Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Editing Permissions - Enjin Server

Hello,

I am renting a TeamSpeak 3 server through the Enjin site which comes as part of their plan service and I am trying to edit the permissions and I seem to either be messing things up or getting something wrong.

I am the Server Admin for our rented guild TeamSpeak and want to create a secondary admin rank with reduced permissions. I want to keep control of the Creating channels, Editing channels and descriptions. I want to be able to have a private channel for myself where no one can see me, poke me or join the channel (I can set the password so I people cannot get in) however with the current settings they can bypass the password and join the channel past max number allowed in the channel. I have been trying to use the forums and videos on youtube but I am unsure if there are a number of restrictions in place by Ejin which stops me adding too many changes to my liking.

The powers I do want them to have are to remove people from the chat, move around through most of the channel except 1 (which I dont want them to see into) and to be able to move people into other channels if they are visiting guests. I also want them to be able to remove Avatars if they are offensive and can ban people for around a day until I can decide what should happen. I dont want them to be able to view Client Permissions or change server groups.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

To stop them from ignoring certain channel related restrictions, you might need to remove b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions
    To stop them from seeing you in that channel, lower their i_channel_subscribe_power and increase your channels i_channel_needed_subscribe_power
    To stop them from being able to poke you in that channel, you might want to use Channel Client Permissions (seeing that you as Server Admin usually ignore all Channel Permissions) and add a high value for i_client_needed_poke_power there.
    To stop them from ignoring the channel password, remove b_channel_join_ignore_password

I will have alook into that, thankyou.

I did follow a video on youtube about editing permissions and it seems to now have taken away all of there permissions to move to channels past the "Waiting Room" which is our Landing Channel and I am unsure what I need to change in order to fix this. I tested things out via my iphone app and applied the permisisons for the admin. I am invisible on the channel as I wanted however the new Admin permissions seems to have restricted them from all other normal channels and I'm unsure how to back track through the permissions to find out what I seemingly have taken away from them.

I have been able to make myself invisible in a channel as I wanted but now for some reson No one can view anyone else in other channels except me being the Server Admin and I have been searching the forums for a solution and the 'solutions' I have tried dont seem to find anything for me.

Make sure that i_client_max_channel_subscriptions is set to "-1" for everyone.

Thread Information