Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Can't hear ingame sound through headphones whilst teamspeak is running

Whenever I play a game (DayZ) while also on teamspeak, the in-game sounds play through my laptops speakers. I can hear teamspeak through my headphones, and my friends can hear me perfectly fine, but I'd like to be able to hear everything through my headphones, rather than struggling to hear ingame sounds. I use apple headphones because the headset that I do have have broken. I've seen some posts about this on these forums, but they're 3+ years old and the solutions that were suggested didn't fix the OP's problem. One solution that was thrown around a lot was "Check to see if you have the volume control plugin running/disable it". I can't find that plugin, so I don't think that's the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And if you need more info, just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustymayfire View Post
    Whenever I play a game (DayZ) while also on teamspeak, the in-game sounds play through my laptops speakers. I can hear teamspeak through my headphones, and my friends can hear me perfectly fine, but I'd like to be able to hear everything through my headphones, rather than struggling to hear ingame sounds. I use apple headphones because the headset that I do have have broken. I've seen some posts about this on these forums, but they're 3+ years old and the solutions that were suggested didn't fix the OP's problem. One solution that was thrown around a lot was "Check to see if you have the volume control plugin running/disable it". I can't find that plugin, so I don't think that's the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And if you need more info, just say so.
    Are you on Windows or Mac? If you're on Windows this can a really easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneOhOne View Post
    Are you on Windows or Mac? If you're on Windows this can a really easy fix.
    I am on Windows 8.1

Okay, so then what you want to do is go to your Sounds, and make sure, when you have your headphones plugged in, that the output reflected in the Playback Devices tab is both the "Default Audio Device" and "Default Communication Device". This should solve it.

I apologize for my late reply, busy in life.

Thread Information