Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TS3 Server Crash (common\parameter\parameterparser.cpp:252)

Hi

Starting today my TS-Server crashes at random times. The server stays online for max 1 hour and then crashes, after restarting he crashes again after some minutes. I've no idea what this could be. I changed nothing on the server, even tried to setup a clean one; same problem...
    This is the error message:

2014-12-14 18:22:43.579435|CRITICAL|ParamParser | | Assertion "positionHint <= m_MyPiece.m_paramSize" failed at common/parameter/parameterparser.cpp:252;

Help is much appreciated, thanks!

Eiki

This is a critical bug in server query. Update to Beta 5.

Server 3.0.11.2 will be released today on http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

It contains the fix for this crash.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello,
    In this evening I've had the same issue - the teamspeak server has crashed and the last log message was
    2014-12-19 00:16:51.242848|CRITICAL|ParamParser | | Assertion "positionHint <= m_MyPiece.m_paramSize" failed at common/parameter/parameterparser.cpp:252;
    My server is running on version 3.0.10.3 on FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE 32-bit. I haven't upgraded the server yet because previous bug I've reported and waiting for resolve
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...0-11-1-upgrade

Best regards,
    R.

Please do not report crashes from outdated server versions if you know this has been fixed and released already.

Quote Originally Posted by Riman View Post
    Hello,
    I haven't upgraded the server yet because previous bug I've reported and waiting for resolve
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...0-11-1-upgrade
    There is no reason not to update this. Because you know the server version
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I'm sorry but fact is that teamspeak3 is serious buggy with last few releases and I'm confused if I should upgrade or not.
    Finally I've had upgraded to freebsd-x86-3.0.11.2 because of this annoying bug that causes crash the server.

After all I appreciate your work.
    Last edited by Riman; December 21st, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Linux TS server crash.

My server chashes every time when its online, sometimes it is long online other time for short error is:
    Code:
    2014-12-23 20:53:51.641096|CRITICAL|ParamParser   |   | Assertion "positionHint <= m_MyPiece.m_paramSize" failed at common/parameter/parameterparser.cpp:252;
    Anyone have a solution for this?
    Last edited by Expurg; December 23rd, 2014 at 10:40 PM.

The same thing happened to me today. Right before that some random person joined the server and sent everyone a message that my server was going down. Could be a targeted exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by Boreeas View Post
    The same thing happened to me today. Right before that some random person joined the server and sent everyone a message that my server was going down. Could be a targeted exploit?
    Yes I tought of the same thing, hope TeamSpeak can fix the exploit.

They already fixed it, you are just running an outdated server version.

Someone Crashed My Teamspeak Server

He was actually kind enough to share how he did it. He told me that he executed a telnet command on my server to cause it to crash. It worked. He later revealed that the command was "removed". Is there anything I can do to patch this or is this exploit just wide open right now?
    Last edited by dante696; December 24th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Your server is outdated. Just update it to 3.0.11.2

parameterparser.cpp:252

Hi,
    I have the version 3.0.11.2 of teamspeak server
    When starto my server gives me this error:

2015-01-02 14:17:45.178733|CRITICAL|ParamParser | | Assertion "positionHint <= m_MyPiece.m_paramSize" failed at common/parameter/parameterparser.cpp:252;

how to solve?
    Last edited by dante696; January 3rd, 2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: merged

What's the exact version? Provide either a ten-digit number or the build date.

I'm sorry I did not understand what he asked

Thread Information