Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTink View Post
    I checked and unchecked everything. I still cant create a channel without a password. What's next?
    Open the permissions overview on yourself (right-click yourself) and check where b_channel_create_modify_with_force_password is comming from.
    That permission must be set somehwere, because this is the only way to force passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by booya View Post
    Same thing here.
    Server not mine, but I'm an admin. Tried everything. I have a few servers and it's the first time when I see this.
    So why you did not read an answer to this problem first?? Post #2 and #7 already explain what is wrong with your permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes, but it didn't help me. Only after 10-15 mins the problem went away. Server lag I was at the same time at mine server and another - mine worked as usual and another - no. Permissions were identical. Server ver. 3.0.11.4.
    BTW, my serv with Non-profit license and my friend's server - "Licensed hosting provider"!

Quote Originally Posted by booya View Post
    Yes, but it didn't help me. Only after 10-15 mins the problem went away. Server lag I was at the same time at mine server and another - mine worked as usual and another - no. Permissions were identical. Server ver. 3.0.11.4.
    BTW, my serv with Non-profit license and my friend's server - "Licensed hosting provider"!
    i had the same issue, and for me I had to make sure you have the correct unique ID. for myself I apearantly had 3 Unique ID's with the same nickname, using different computers does that I guess. so you need to remove the permission b_channel_create_modify_with_force_passwords on the correct unique ID

how to get to your character basicly by right click your name, go to permissions and click client permissions. you'll end up at the correct Unique ID. enter b_channel_create_modify_with_force_password in the filter above and just turn it off.

problem solved.

Can't create channels without setting a password

Hi,
    So I'm trying to configure my new Teamspeak server to be just like my old one, but whenever I try to create a new channel it forces me to chose a password, as seen here : https://gyazo.com/2dd7098204bfa46bc06e5e66ef86bebf
    Now, I know you're going to tell me to search the forums before posting, but I already tried right clicking myself, going into "Permissions", then "Permissions Overview".
    After which I typed "b_channel_create_modify_with_force_password" in the "Filter" area up top, and got to this : https://gyazo.com/67fc58855005dcb791d3acf6b0945642
    I tried everything but I don't seem to be able to edit anything, or I haven't figured it out.
    What exactly should I edit, how do I edit it, and what should I edit it to ?

Thanks for your time,
    Frag
    Last edited by dante696; September 16th, 2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: merged

Go into the Server group permission dialog, then select your Server Admin.
    Now enter force_password into the filter and then disable the value or remove the permission (Do not remove the value in Grant!)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Edit
    Problem got sorted

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Go into the Server group permission dialog, then select your Server Admin.
    Now enter force_password into the filter and then disable the value or remove the permission (Do not remove the value in Grant!)
    Thanks for the reply, but what should I click in order to change that value ? Right click doesn't work and trying to type in another value doesn't either.
    Last edited by dante696; September 17th, 2016 at 12:58 PM.

cannot add more than 25 chat rooms

I got a non licensed server and I cannot add more than 25 rooms without password. I'm the admin and I have 25 rooms in server but If I want to add more rooms I can add more room but they will be with password only and I want them to be non password channels
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: merged

You've got permission b_channel_create_modify_with_force_password enabled in a server pur channel group or client permission etc.
    Remove the permission and you will be able to ccreate a channel without a password again.

I can't create channels; what did I do?

I have a leased server (teamspeak3) and need a password to create channels. My memory doesn't include setting a permission to require a password to set create channels and when I look at my group permissions I can't see how the password got enabled. Can anyone tell me where to look or what I will need to do to remove the password requirement?
    Thank you.

I tried searching and just can't get any hits other than simple create channels or too many responses to display.
    Last edited by dante696; February 5th, 2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information