Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is there a way for the !youtube command to just overwrite what's currently playing? Instead of opening another VLC player? I've been wondering when something like this was going to exist. Also, some Youtube links don't work? Is that a problem between Youtube and VLC network protocol?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Appearance View Post
    Is there a way for the !youtube command to just overwrite what's currently playing? Instead of opening another VLC player? I've been wondering when something like this was going to exist. Also, some Youtube links don't work? Is that a problem between Youtube and VLC network protocol?

Thanks!
    You can make it put the song in queue with an option on VLC itself, like I did at the configuration tutorial, but I don't think that's something that the plugin is able to do without this option. As for the errors reguarding certain links, yes, I'm afraid they are caused by Youtube changing things and youtube.lua becoming obsolete. As they take months to update VLC, you have to download the new youtube.lua by yourself. Even I didn't know about this until I researched about it today. This caused the issue with !playing command too(it does not show the title anymore, but the MRL of the video). If you want a fix, you can download the updated youtube.lua here(right click and "save as..."), name it youtube.lua and put it in your VLC folder/lua/playlist/ and overwrite.

I've been experimenting with !youtube when it plays the file it stops the playlist (can't remember what the error is), the title changes from the link to the title of the video but nothing plays. Typing !play goes on to play another file randomly in the playlist but if you type !prev after that it will play the youtube link. This is with the new lua.

EDIT: Reset preference and it seems to be working o.0 even disabled video so it doesn't play video just audio.
    Last edited by Are You A Wiiizard?; February 19th, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheusroika View Post
    You can make it put the song in queue with an option on VLC itself, like I did at the configuration tutorial, but I don't think that's something that the plugin is able to do without this option. As for the errors reguarding certain links, yes, I'm afraid they are caused by Youtube changing things and youtube.lua becoming obsolete. As they take months to update VLC, you have to download the new youtube.lua by yourself. Even I didn't know about this until I researched about it today. This caused the issue with !playing command too(it does not show the title anymore, but the MRL of the video). If you want a fix, you can download the updated youtube.lua here(right click and "save as..."), name it youtube.lua and put it in your VLC folder/lua/playlist/ and overwrite.
    Oh, I missed that part of the tutorial video. Thanks! I can't believe something like this hasn't been made or thought of. Thanks for sharing. I have one more question though. Is there a place where you can find the updated youtube.lua?

Thanks again! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Appearance View Post
    Oh, I missed that part of the tutorial video. Thanks! I can't believe something like this hasn't been made or thought of. Thanks for sharing. I have one more question though. Is there a place where you can find the updated youtube.lua?

Thanks again! Great work!
    You can find updated versions of youtube.lua on the VLC Repository. Usually the latest are the right ones but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks alot for an awsome plugin!
    But unfortenetly i got a problem.. "!Youtube LINK" works fine. But all other commands like "!pause, !next, !play" ect, does not work. I configured the plugin with vlc rc ip to 127.0.0.1 and tried both port 23 and 32323. None of them works, any help to et? :/
    Also, when i add <cvlc> to the "VLC exe path" under the plugins settings, neither will the vlc or the prompt window open (wich is what i want) BUT when i do "!youtube LINK" i don't get any music..

!help message

Is it possible for me to edit the !help message that pops up in chat?
    I want to change the info about how to play from youtube links.

nice plgun, maybe something for the future

Hi,

its a really nice plugin I and the other people in the clan enjoy it. there is one think that I mis, and that is that you can only play music from youtube (if I'm wrong please correct me). in the plugin from Stezzz (the one that you mentiont) you can add other websites like: mixcloud, twitch, soundcloud. it would me nice if I could do this in your plugin.

I have an error when I try to do a the command: !time, !playing, !pause, !lenght, !next, !prev, !play. the error will say "Telnet not connected". I have installed telnet just to be sure. but this didn't help.

greetings,

Wesley

How can prevent it, that the Bot opens a new VLC instance for every song?

Quote Originally Posted by wsvdyk View Post
    Hi,

its a really nice plugin I and the other people in the clan enjoy it. there is one think that I mis, and that is that you can only play music from youtube (if I'm wrong please correct me). in the plugin from Stezzz (the one that you mentiont) you can add other websites like: mixcloud, twitch, soundcloud. it would me nice if I could do this in your plugin.

I have an error when I try to do a the command: !time, !playing, !pause, !lenght, !next, !prev, !play. the error will say "Telnet not connected". I have installed telnet just to be sure. but this didn't help.

greetings,

Wesley
    Did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix it?

chat commands not working (thats why I downloaded this bot O.O)

I run in the same problem as wsvdyk and Yuizen, I don't know how you guys are using it, but I use it on my Pc I use while talking on ts3 as well.
    To me there are even 2 problems: first of all the connect VLC doesn't work even though its set to 127.0.0.1:23 ... and my ip and port in the bot are also set to the same ... and then theres the problem with the commands not working, I mean I know that thats coming due to the fact that the bot isn't connected to vlc but how can we solve this?

Yours hopefull,

stealthorc

anything on fixing this? i have same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Roppp View Post
    On audio, I tried to turn the sound notifications off on the bot client, but it didn't seem to help.
    EDIT: I think I found the problem, the sound is coming from trial version of the virtual audio cable thing.
    were you able to fix this? i have same issue .. i am running windows 10 32bit so i cant use sinusbot

Translate

Hi
    This plugin is awesome If you still improving this one i can translate it for you into Polish. Just send me english sentences on email
    Tell me if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Yuizen View Post
    Did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same problem. Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Sadly I was not able to fix the issue.

I've noticed not so much an issue, but a small inconvenience. Is that the plugin randomly alters the volume of whatever is playing through VLC. So if I say, lower the volume to 25% it will sit there for a few seconds then gradually the plugin will raise the volume back to 100%. But if the music gets a little to loud it lower it slightly. This is a bit annoying as sometimes I'd like to just have small background music for a chat room.

Does anyone have a work around for this or am I stuck?

Thread Information