Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[RELEASE] Musicbot (dos Brodi)

This is a complete Musicbot plugin, which allow you to add and play musics from a playlist, control it, only needing a Teamspeak Client to do so.
    THE PLUGIN IS STILL IN BETA! Any bugs, suggestions, questions should be posted in this topic.

DOWNLOAD
    If the plugin doesn't load, you should get Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.

Supports:
    Operation Systems: Windows 32 and 64 bits.
    Media Players: Only VLC at the moment.

Features:
    Possibility to add music from youtube(!youtube [url]).
    Possibility to skip music, pause, see what's playing(all commands are available with !help).
    Fully working and complete settings window.
    Two languages supported at the moment, english and brazilian portuguese(our native language).

Instalation:
    - After downloading, close Teamspeak.
    - Run the downloaded file.
    - Click on "install".
    - Start Teamspeak.
    - Activate the plugin on Settings > Plugins.

Configuration:
    The configuration process is quite tricky, but I think it's worth it in the end.
    - First, you will need to install something like Virtual Audio Cable.
    - Open Teamspeak.
    - Go to Settings > Options.
    - Go to "Playback" and create a new profile (hit the "+" button).
    - Keep "Playback Mode" as "Automatically use best mode" and "Playback device" as "Default". Lower both volume bars to the begining (-40dB) and hit "Apply".
    - Go to "Capture".
    - Keep "Capture Mode" as "Automatically use best mode" but change "Capture Device" to "Line 1"(In case you're using Virtual Audio Cable). Activate "Voice Activation Detection" and drag its bar to -50dB. Uncheck "Remove background noise" and "Automatic voice gain control".
    - Hit apply.
    - Create a new "Identity"(Settings > Identity or by hitting Ctrl + I).
    - Name it whatever you want to (like MusicBot).
    - Create a new connection (Bookmark) to your server and hit "more" to add your new identity. Pick your new identity, and pick the playback and capture you have created (MusicBot if you named them like this).
    - Go to Settings > Plugins and open the Settings window of the bot.
    - Configurate your VLC exe path and only this, we will come back here later.
    - Open VLC.
    - Go to Tools > Preferences.
    - Check "Allow only one instance" and "Enqueue items into playlist in one instace mode"
    - Go to "Audio".
    - In "Output module:" select "DirectX audio output" and in "Device" select "Line 1" (In case you're using Virtual Audio Cable).
    - Hit "Save".
    After this, you should be good to go if your only objective with the bot is to stream music to a channel, as the bot doesn't need to connect to the VLC Remote Control interface to add music to a playlist with !youtube, however, if you want more depth(commands like !next, !prev, !pause...)you should configure the bot connection with VLC. To do so:
    - Go to Settings > Plugins.
    - Open the Settings of the plugin.
    - After your VLC path, you should add --extraintf rc --rc-host 127.0.0.1:23 (you can put the ip and the port you want, but this are the defaults).
    - In "VLC rc ip:" you should put the ip you added after the VLC path, and in "Port:", the port.
    - In the Settings of the bot, select which channel you want the bot to run on.
    - Click on "Activate bot".
    - Click on "Connect". Now you should be able to use all the commands that are available in !help.

ATTENTION
    There should be errors reguarding certain links and I'm afraid they are caused by Youtube changing things and VLC youtube.lua becoming obsolete. As they take months to update VLC, you have to download the new youtube.lua by yourself. Even I didn't know about this until I searched about it. This was the cause of the issue with !playing command too. If you want a fix, you can download the updated youtube.lua here(right click and "save as..."), name it youtube.lua and put it in your "VLC folder"/lua/playlist/ and overwrite.

CONFIGURATION VIDEO

This steps are only necessary if you're going to run the bot in the same PC as your normal client:
    - Close your Teamspeak, right click on its shortcut and hit "Properties".
    - Find the "Target" field and after its text hit space and write -nosingleinstance (This will allow you to open multiple TeamSpeaks).
    - Now you can open Two Teamspeaks and connect with both your own profile and the musicbot one.

To do:
    - Spotify support.
    - Linux support.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Credits:
    SteZZz for making the original Musicbot, which gave me so many ideas of possibilities that I just had to make this plugin.
    AlexLima for making it possible. He made 99% of the code, I just made the research and had the ideas.

Changelog:
    • New command(!time - show the current time of what's playing)

• Now uses a thread to handle responses from VLC.

• Bot now displays a message when !playing is used and there isn't any music playing.

• Commands by vote (configuration of what percentage in Settings).
    • New options added (possibility to enable or disable certain commands).

• First public release.
    Last edited by matheusroika; February 18th, 2015 at 01:50 AM.

Really nice man!
    It would be nice that it would support Spotify next, play, requesting songs etc

Quote Originally Posted by ThaLegend View Post
    Really nice man!
    It would be nice that it would support Spotify next, play, requesting songs etc
    Yes, that is definitely something we are looking forward to add, but it could be kind of hard. I will add that to our to do list.

Really awesome! Thanks!
    I want to learn to program such a thing, could you share the Sourcecode with me?
    It's okay if you don't want to

Yeah, you can get the source code from https://github.com/aamlima/musicbotdosbrodi

Error

Hello there i like the plugin so far, It would be nice if there were a video tutorail on how to set it up. Because i can see people having problems setting this up.
    Last edited by UseAndAbuse1; January 27th, 2015 at 07:46 PM.

Is there any way that you can support linux?
    I use centos 6.5 for my ts3 server and i would like to have a musicbot.
    But all the bots are windows only!

Quote Originally Posted by MorfarsBarnBarn View Post
    But all the bots are windows only!
    TS3 Soundboard supports Linux.

First of all I would like to say thank you, you did a great job on that musicbot.
    Second, I would like to ask the community, I ran into some issues the second time around (had to reinstall everything) My musicbot now runs but does not take commands from chat, any ideas? anyone run into this?

Thanks again!

So I figured out that this is because it only works in specific channels, could we maybe add in a future release that it can accept commands from any room?

Just added a video tutorial about the configuration, as asked. I'm making annotations about all the suggestions too.

Quote Originally Posted by PoLaRBe4r View Post
    So I figured out that this is because it only works in specific channels, could we maybe add in a future release that it can accept commands from any room?
    But I don't see the utility to command the bot if you're not using it. I will keep that in mind anyway.

Hey, this plugin is awesome, but I have one problem. The bot keeps repeating "trial" every few seconds... Even when I'm playing music on it. It's kinda irritating. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Roppp View Post
    Hey, this plugin is awesome, but I have one problem. The bot keeps repeating "trial" every few seconds... Even when I'm playing music on it. It's kinda irritating. Any help?
    It keeps repeating by writing on chat or on audio?

On audio, I tried to turn the sound notifications off on the bot client, but it didn't seem to help.
    EDIT: I think I found the problem, the sound is coming from trial version of the virtual audio cable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roppp View Post
    On audio, I tried to turn the sound notifications off on the bot client, but it didn't seem to help.
    EDIT: I think I found the problem, the sound is coming from trial version of the virtual audio cable thing.
    Yeah, I was going to suggest that this was the problem, glad you could fix it.

Thread Information