Forum

Can't join my own team speak worked the other day

I had a team speak and I restarted my computer and I started up my team speak and I can join it with local host but I can not join it with my Public ip address. My ports are all forwarded 9987(UDP) 30033(TCP) 10011(TCP) all forwarded. It tries to connect to that and it fails. Thanks in advance.

Did the internal IP you forwarded those ports to change?

eg. In you router setup you forwarded your ports to the internal IP 192.168.1.100 which is the IP your computer got from your DHCP server. When you rebooted your system your computer got 192.168.1.101 and therefore the ports you forwarded point to an address not associated with your computer.

I would set the computer you have running the Teamspeak server to use a statically assigned IP so it uses the same internal IP every time you reboot it.

I do have a static ip and I even checked and it was the same ip

Static internal or static external? Usually a static IP refers to external IPs. If your Internal IP changed, then you need to adjust the port forwarding.

Sorry about that I was referring to a statically assigned internal IP.

To clarify make sure the IP your computer is getting from your router is static. This is different from the IP you get from your ISP aka your external IP.

Please use some external tool for checking whether or not your ports are getting forwarded correctly (there are several websites offering this service for free). If the request is not forwarded correctly, then your NAT is not configured properly, otherwise it might be a firewall issue.
    See also: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...not-connect%29

Thread Information