Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server shuts down without an apparent reason

Hey all,

For the last couple of days the servers shut down without an apparent reason.
    The log only shows "stopped" without any errors inside it.
    Just yesterday it happened 3 times, and after one of the time the users joined with new IDs.
    Most of the times after restarting it or checking the status via ts3server_startupscript it's shown as online (the pid has not died).
    The server has been running for several years and no such issues have occurred until now.

No details equals no help on this forum.
    Please always paste the server and instance log and your server version.

Are you sure, nobody else has permissions to stop a virtual server via query? < If virtual server was stopped only.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have not provided a log, because there's nothing to see in it.
    Code:
    2015-01-07 17:34:13.965443|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| client connected 'xxxx'(id:5xxxx) from xxxxxx
    2015-01-07 17:34:16.601578|INFO    |VirtualServer |  1| client 'xxxx'(id:6xxxx) was added to channelgroup 'Voice'(id:7) by client 'xxxxx'(id:5xxxx) in channel 'Vzvod2'(id:1xxx)
    2015-01-07 17:34:31.840512|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| client disconnected 'xxxx'(id:xxxx) reason 'reasonmsg=leaving'
    2015-01-07 17:34:38.339081|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| client disconnected 'xxxx'(id:xxxx) reason 'reasonmsg=Server Shutdown!'
    ... A lot of users disconnected
    2015-01-07 17:34:40.384478|DEVELOP |VirtualServerBase|  1| After 2 seconds there were still 1Clients connected
    2015-01-07 17:34:40.440854|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|  1| stopped
    I'm pretty sure no one did know the password. However, just in case I changed it yesterday and it had no effect.
    Server version is the latest: 3.0.11.2 running on linux. Server is being started with: ts3server_startscript.sh and a ts3server.ini file containing voice_ip=; filetransfer_ip= ;query_ip= ;serveradmin_password= ;.

The other issue is - why after one of the stops the old users joined with new ids?

And what does your instance log print?

They get a new client id only. Who comes first gets the lowes number. Thats normal.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

"And what does your instance log print?" - don't know where this is and didn't find any info for it in this forum.

They did get a new client ID, and yet they did not have any permissions in the channels they were C/V/O before. This also never happened before. Their connection count was also reset.

There must be a reason, why your server does shutdown every 2-3 hours.
    My guesses (nothing more without any log):
    - Your license can not be checked from our accounting server.
    - A script kills the server
    - Your user interface does close and also closes all running apps

Now to your questions:
    We have answered these questions on forum already. Please use the search function first, before posting!
    1. Instance log
    The instance log is the file ending with "_0.log"

2. About Client ID (clid) and Client Databse ID (cldbid)
    Client ID
    - The Client ID is not related to permissions. It's only a current target id for actions on your virtual server.
    - They are not stored in your databse and will reset everytime, when you shutdown the server
    - New connected users will get the lowest available Client ID when they connect to your server.
    - A lower client ID will be available again after a user has logged out 15 minutes before.

Client Databse ID
    - Permissions, offline messages, last nickname and other user related things are stored
    in the server database with their client Client Databse ID.

3. About lost permissions
    There are several possible reasons for this. Here are some clues.

3.1. Your groups are not permanent and will reset after each login
    -> Add the permission b_group_is_permanent to all related groups

3.2 Your server does not write anything in your databse
    -> check all logs and permissions for the server

3.3 Maybe the user does use a new identity
    -> The server does not know this user if he never used this identity on your server

3.4 Maybe your databse does reset everytime
    -> Make sure, that you or the hoster does not restore your server with a backup of your databse

Thread Information