Forum

Show additional lines in info frame

The method ts3plugin_infoData shows an extra line in the info frame, for example, in the out-of-the-box test plugin if a client is selected, it shows client's name.
    Is it possible to make ts3plugin_infoData show more than one line? Not as one long string, but as different print outputs. I tried using two snprintf() methods, but that obviously didn't do anything. Ideally it should be with multiple ts3plugin_infoTitle calls, each having different return value, but as I've understood they only get called once.
    Or is there any other way to show additional data in the info frame with a plugin?

My ts_infodata helper is the closest I got to flexible access.
    You basically register for lines and trigger a requestupdate wherever.

Okay, that looks like something. I was almost finished adding the code to my project when I realised that it's actually C++, but my project is in C. Should I convert the project to C++? I've never actually done it. If I ever needed to use C++ while doing a plugin, I just wrapped it.
    In the meantime, I'm still open to other options.
    By the way, Philosound, could you provide a picture or two on how it looks like? I tried the plugin but I guess I'd need to do something specific to make it show lines in the info frame ^^

I don't really have any pointing that one out, however using the plugin stuff will be shown e.g. on context menu channel -> channel muter or both of the client context menu points (both on the same client will give two lines).
    It's nothing spectacular visually
    Technically it's basically just a list combined to a string with newlines (".\n").
    The rest is about reducing trigger calls and comfort, as every ui click in the client's tree will just ask the modules that registered what to put in their line, so the modules themselves can stay dumb about the whole infodata thing aside from that single callback function.

Thread Information