Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unable to change permissions as Server Admin

Hey,

I wanted to grant the right to move other users to the server group "normal" but I always get 'insufficient permission modify power' although I'm server admin . I'm confused.

What am I doing wrong? Server and Client are both up to date.

Another thing is, on the screenshots of windows clients editing permissions there are 5 tabs:
    Server group, Client permissions, Channel permissions, Channel groups, Channel Client Permissions
    But on Mac you only have:
    Server group and Channel group

Greetz
    Ephraim
    PS: Server is linux
    Last edited by Ephraim; August 15th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Please ensure that you are using the same rights/identities on both machines.
    Keyword: Identities -> Export

Hey maxi1990,

may it be, that you never really read my post? .
    My client is running on a mac.
    My server is running on linux.

The Windows client I mentioned, was just seen on some screenshot in the internet, so thats no client of my own. I don't use Windows.
    So, I don't have "both machines", there is just one machine with one identitiy which is my admin account.

Greetz
    Ephraim

Well, now I am able to follow your problem.
    You should have the same tabs available as the screenshots of windows clients display.
    It might be possible that you broke your permission system somehow; if you are really a server admin then you would be able to see all tabs and also be able to do almost all kinds of stuff on your server.
    Is this your own server setup?

You will only see the full 5 Tabs if you enabled the Advanced Permission System in Settings -> Options -> Application, otherwise you will be using the dumbed down Permission System which only includes the two Tabs "Server Groups" and "Channel Groups".

As for the insufficient permission modify power you either tried to change a Permission you have no grant value for, or the i_group_needed_modify_power of the normal group is above your i_group_modify_power. Another possibility is that you do not have enough i_permission_modify_power.

maxi1990: Jup, everything is my own stuff. The root server, the ts3 server installation and the rest too .

SilentStorm: Thx, Now I can see the 5 tabs. I think now I'm able to do what I want to do.

Where can I set the grant permissions?
    Last edited by Ephraim; August 19th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

You have to add the permission in the server query, but i guess it is not the only permission, that is messed up?

I would preffer to use a permreset on your server.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ight=permreset
    It also removes all custom groups and channel/client/group permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Ok, back from vacation and tried the permreset:
    error id=0 msg=ok (154 ms)
    error id=0 msg=ok (21 ms)
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=8751 (13 ms)
    Total: 188 ms

So even a permreset isn't work ?!

What now?
    Can I reset the permissions via mysql, phpmyadmin somehow? e.g. delete every entry which is associated with the server_id in the perm_* tables. Will the server use a set of defaults in this case?

ciao
    Ephraim

permreset will only help if the template groups have not been compromised.

Were you logged in as serveradmin when you did the permreset (ie. did you use login serveradmin [Password] before)?

And no you shouldn't mess with the database, doing what you said above would result in undefined behavior and would prevent at least that virtual server from starting - if not even the entire instance.

Jup I used the serveradmin login
    Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    use sid=<sid>
    permreset
    Ciao
    Ephraim

Try the following:
    Code:
    login serveradmin [password]
    use port=[port used to connect to the server you want to reset]
    servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=b_virtualserver_permission_reset permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=1
    permreset
    If it still fails you will have to start over from scratch.

SERVER ADMIN unable to change permissions

hi I've been have problems with my teamspeak server lately. I am unable to modify the permissions on my server admin even though everything is set to 75. I think somehow the permissions on my teamspeak have gone wonky and are not working properly was hoping someone here could help me out. I get "insufficient permission modify power" everytime i try editing a permissions on the server admin even though i_permission_modify_power is set to 75
    Last edited by dante696; January 13th, 2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: merged

Hey,

what grant value is set to the permission you are trying to change?

For example: "i_needed_modify_power_channel_join_permanent" for "b_channel_join_permanent"

If the grant value is greater than your "i_permission_modify_power" (here 75), you're not able to modify this permission.

Also make sure, there is no server or channel group which could overwrite your "i_permission_modify_power".

Best regards
    Marc

all the grant values are 75 I was trying to remove the icon id and would get the "insufficient permission modify power" also I am unable to remove or add myself or anyone else to any group at the moment even though my group add power and grant number is 75

Please revert your changes with an backup of your databse or do a permreset to get the default permissions back.
    You just did break to much in your permisisons. Maybe you just got client permissions restricting everything else.

We can't tell you more without a permission overview. It would be just a waste of time to guess everything for you.

This removes all permission changes, but also does remove custom groups, client permissions etc..
    Code:
    login serveradmin password
    use port=9987
    permreset

THREAD MERGED
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information