Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Private Chat Disconnect Messages

I have no answer to this one.

I had a private chat going with someone (we'll call this person Client A), and they disconnected from the server. I left the tab open, and about an hour later, someone else disconnected from the server (we'll call them Client B). Their disconnect message also showed in the private chat for Client A, even though at the time, I had no private chat going with Client B.

What's weird is that in between the two disconnects, there were a number of other disconnects/reconnects, including Client B reconnecting once. Client B had no joined the chat/server message in the private chat tab either. Client B then rejoined and left a few times again after that, however none of these showed up in Client A's private chat tab... just the one.

To make it even more odd, Clients A and B have different IP Addresses, UIDs and even live on opposite sides of the world almost. Plus, this is the second time that this happened for the same two clients, and I have yet to see this happen with anyone else.

Is this a client bug? Version is 3.0.16.
    Last edited by MyHogs; January 16th, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

Private chats are build with checks for the UID and for the Client ID (not the databse id).
    A Client ID isn't bound to users and will be available again for other users, when an user with the old Client ID has left the server.
    This process takes ~10 minutes till the Client ID is released and ready to be used from next user who connects to teh server.

- The check for the UID prevents that other users send you a message in the same chat.
    This did happen, when the client only checked for the client ID (which is avaiable for other users).
    - The check for the Client ID is for the connection check
    So your client checks and knows if that person is still online or just has returned.

Maybe the check for the client id does not check if that user has the same UID.
    I will test that later that day. Thank you for reporting if we found a bug

------------merged------------

Yep, the check for "user disconnected" only seems to check for the client id and shows wrong status.
    Client connected works fine.

A bug ticket for developers was created.
    Last edited by dante696; January 16th, 2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: bug approved
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Cool, glad I could help.

Client 3.0.17 will solve this bug.
    There is no realease date yet.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Private Chat - Your chat partner has disconnected.

For some reason when I have the private chat tab open with someone for extended periods of time the following thing happens:
    <22:29:12> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <00:44:06> Your chat partner has disconnected.
    <02:54:43> Your chat partner has disconnected.

The user was not on the server from 22:29:12 onwards. However I got two more notification that the person disconnected again at 00:44:06 and 02:54:43 even though he was not on the server. Why is that?

note : i know this person uses another teamspeak as well..... is it possible that i can see this information even while im not on this other TS server ? thanks for any info that could be shed on this
    Last edited by dante696; April 6th, 2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: merged - known bug

Thread Information