Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Restrict assigning channel group

Hi.

I'm currently a SA of a Teamspeak 3 server., and i have a litlle problem with channel groups/server groups.

To make my situation simple i will speak about only 2 channels and 2 groups.

there we go :
    • I have 2 types of channels:
      • Home (everyone can come in)
      • Raid (only people with the good channel group can come - see below-)
    • I have 2 types of groups :
      • Officer (server group)
      • Raid (channel group)

A "Officer" can move anyone in "Raid channel" and can add them in the "Raid group".The access to "Raid channel" is restrcited to all member who not have the "Raid group".

The problem is that the "Officer" can add a member to "Raid group" in "Home" and "Raid" channels.I just want to grant him this possibility only when the member and him are in the "Raid channel" (or just the member if it's impossible).

I have tried to put a value at i_needed_client_permission_modify_power and i_group_member_add_power with different values between those two channels in the Channel permission tab, but nothing happens and the "Officer" always can add a member to "Raid group" in "Home channel".

Anyone have a idea ?

Thanks for your help =).

There is no way to prevent that, if someone can assign a channel group he can do it in any channel. And for some reason i_needed_client_permission_modify_power doesn't work with channel groups, its somehow ignored.

hmm , thoses news are not good than i expected ^^.

Thank you Istalanatr for you answer. I hope one day my purpose will be set in teamspeak permission possibilities ^^.

Bye.

That is incorrect. You can actually achieve it by using "i_group_member_add_power" as channel permission.
    Simply try the following:

Your officer gets 50 Group Member Add Power, the Raid channel group gets 50 Needed Group Member Add Power. On the Home channel, set i_group_member_add_power to -1. Now the Officer cannot assign the Raid channel group to clients in that channel. Please note though that if you are outside that channel and right click on the Guest in the Home channel, it looks like you could assign the channel group, but upon trying to assign it you should receive the error message "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_group_member_add_power)".

Please note: This will NOT work, if you have
    - a skip flag set for i_group_member_add_power on the officer or any server group in which the Officer is
    - b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled for the officer or any of his groups

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias B View Post
    That is incorrect. You can actually achieve it by using "i_group_member_add_power" as channel permission.
    Simply try the following:

Your officer gets 50 Group Member Add Power, the Raid channel group gets 50 Needed Group Member Add Power. On the Home channel, set i_group_member_add_power to -1. Now the Officer cannot assign the Raid channel group to clients in that channel. Please note though that if you are outside that channel and right click on the Guest in the Home channel, it looks like you could assign the channel group, but upon trying to assign it you should receive the error message "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_group_member_add_power)".

Please note: This will NOT work, if you have
    - a skip flag set for i_group_member_add_power on the officer or any server group in which the Officer is
    - b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled for the officer or any of his groups

That work but for my easy example ^^.

If now you got 3 or more groups (server groups) and channels, the officier can't assign other server groups in any channel to the target ^^. Or he must move himself to "raid" channel with the target to apply a server group (like "member" group).

Thanks for the purpose but actually teamspeak do not provide what i want exaclty. It just miss a more condition in TS code ^^.

Restrict Groups from Setting Admins to Channelgroup

How do I restrict people from setting teamspeak admins to a certain channelgroup, yes, I want them to be able to still change channel groups of normal people but not admins.
    Last edited by dante696; April 8th, 2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: merged, why do we have a forum search?

Thread Information