Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ServerQuery bans localhost during mysql-server restart

ServerQuery bans localhost connections for 600 seconds during mysql-server restart even if 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted.

Could you describe this with more details or how to? Currently I do not see a bug in this bugreport.
    Why do you stop the databse server while the ts server stays online (this is not good).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I happened to upgrade the mysql server on debian wheezy for which the mysql server needed to be stopped for roughly 60 seconds. The teamspeak server continued running during this time, see https://pbot.rmdir.de/a8q3UAPVPSsZ4LZsvSGOHg.

Notice the first successful connection almost exactly 600 seconds after the last mysql error line which brings me to the question/bug report:
    Why do I get banned from serverquery for 600 seconds when trying to connect to serverquery during a mysql server restart even if localhost is whitelisted.

Of course, one should always honor service dependencies which in this case should have resulted in shutting down the teamspeak server process first before stopping the mysql server process but still, I somehow consider this a bug since the teamspeak server itself seems robust enough to continue running long after a short mysql server downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    I somehow consider this a bug since the teamspeak server itself seems robust enough to continue running long after a short mysql server downtime.
    This can't guaranteed! The database must be available all the time, while the server is running.
    We can't give any support for this action.

Is this reproducable in a normal state, where server and databse are available?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This can't guaranteed! The database must be available all the time, while the server is running.
    We can't give any support for this action.
    Yeah I figured that. If this is your official statement then so be it.
    Nonetheless the teamspeak server is in charge of deciding when to ban serverquery clients and since 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted it shoud never ban 127.0.0.1, right? And yet in this special case it does.

It is perfectly fine for you not to consider this a bug but you might want to add it to the bug tracker, assign a low priority, and maybe one day teamspeak serveradministrators around the world will be able to update their mysql servers without being banned from serverquery whilst doing so.

Is this reproducable in a normal state, where server and databse are available?
    No. This only happens during a mysql server restart.

Thanks for your support.

I will evalute this on my own tomorrow, because i wonder why the whitelist is related to your MySQL server.

Did you Query perform commands or was it just connected to the server?
    Which server version and operation system do you use?

I will evalute this on my own tomorrow, because i wonder why the whitelist is related to your MySQL server.
    This is what I thought. Thanks.

Did you Query perform commands or was it just connected to the server?
    Which server version and operation system do you use?
    The script connects, logs in as serveradmin, iterates over all servers, and greps a few virtualserver properties (packetloss, port, id, total_ping and client count).

teamspeak server version: 3.0.10.3 [Build: 01.01.2014 17:28:39] (I know this is ancient, still haven't gotten around to update and I doubt this changed in never versions. Still I will try to update soon and update this bug report)
    mysql-server: 5.5.41-0+wheezy1
    operating system: debian wheezy

I could not reproduce this issue.
    I never got banned, when i performed commands while the MySQL server was offline or did start.

Tested on:
    - TS Server 3.0.11.2 (Windows x64 / Ubuntu x64 / FreeBSD x64)
    - MySQL version 5.6.16.
    - Whitlisted IPs 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.X.X

Ahh I forgot to mention that I used ts3 php framework which might try executing commands multiple times upon failure causing localhost to be banned.
    Nevertheless I will update my teamspeak server and do some testing on my own. In the meantime this bug report can rest as no bug, I guess.

Thanks for testing though.

Things getting complicated ;D but don't worry I also did spam commands (which do not need the server db) like serverinfo.

I mark this as "No Bug" due our mutal agrrement.

Feel free to leave a more details if this is reproducable. In best case without more tools than Server and Telnet.

Thread Information