Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server Reset to a previous state

Hello,

I'm running a TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.10.1 (2013-11-08 11:09:56) on a Linux System.
    SystemInformation: Linux 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem #1 SMP Tue May 13 16:55:48 UTC 2014 i686 Binary: 32bit

Last Night there was a server Maintenance during which the Server got rebooted.

Somehow since the restart my Teamspeak Server(including rights, channels, server groups, etc.) was reset to a previous state (several months ago).

Sadly i have no idea how this happened....

Maybe some of you guys have had a similar issue and know how to fix this.

Logfile since the last start can be found here: Logfile

I'm currently at work, but more Details can be provided once i'm home.

Kind Regards, Flovv

Maybe the server never was able to wright into the databse, so everything was based on your RAM which was deleted on SIGTERM.
    You should check this, when you restart the server now and change some things.
    And then you restart it again and recheck if your changes did stay.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I made a few new channels & Server Groups. Then i stopped the server and started it again.
    Those new Groups and Channels all were where they should be. So the changes were saved.

The last time i started the server was in May 2014 and the state it reverted to is somewhere around July of the same year. But i can't find anything suspicious to my eyes in the logfile....

The only outstanding event in July (around the time the server was reset to) was adding a new virtual server.

Flovv

Unfortunately there won't be much we can do. Especially if the data has been lost already and there is no backup, we won't be able to help you restoring anything. We can just try to give you some tips on how to prevent this from happening again.
    Moving on, you should definitely update your TeamSpeak 3 Server. You are using a version which is heavily outdated. Maybe this issue was fixed months ago - I don't know the changelogs by heart ;-)
    We also recommend to create backups of the database in frequent intervals, eg. once a day, once a week - depending on how much storage space you have and how much security you need not to lose any data.
    If you are using Linux, you might want to write a simple Bash script to create a backup of the database and execute it regularly (eg. by using a cronjob).

Thread Information