Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ACL Rules and cpu usage

Welcome. Ever since we started to invest in the ACL rules, we already begun at our problems with cpu usage by process TeamSpeak. So far, all machines had CPU usage of up to 20-30% on 1024/1024 users. Ever since they moved us to a machine with ACL rules, cpu consumption reaches 180-200% at 300 users. Two further machines - dedicated servers we tested also with have added ACL rules on TeamSpeak and the problem was the same. Is it possible that the ACL rules can be the cause of these variations of cpu usage of TeamSpeak? We checked everything - older versions of the database and older teamspeak releases, the problem is still the same. We have Dedicated server with XEON 1245v2, so the hardware problem is unrealistic, because we tested it on few other machines.

I'm sorry this is not mumble.
    There isn't any ACL in Teamspeak3.
    Do you mean ACL in your filesystem?
    Specs of your server(memory disk, network)? We know slots and that it is some Xeon machine. Is it realy dedicated or just VPS on such HW? What distro & version?
    sqlite or mysql/mariadb ?
    What version of server you use now?
    At what version of server it wasn't a problem yet(I'm still happily running 3.0.10, and what I hear recently makes me wonder if upgrade is what I want, FYI)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    At what version of server it wasn't a problem yet(I'm still happily running 3.0.10, and what I hear recently makes me wonder if upgrade is what I want, FYI)?
    FYI: We don't support running anything but the latest version.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information