Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS items appears in a very small size on 3K monitor

Hi ladies and gentlemen, this is my first post here, so... if I do an error in the procedure please... excuse me.

Well, I'll be quick:

I have a Toshiba Notebook and I already installed Teamspeak 3 on it, the problem isn't the working of the program itself... the problem is that I have a very big resolution in my Toshiba (the resolution that I have is 3840x2160) so I can't see something items on the screen because all is very but very small...

I'll post a Screenshot: Attachment 11983

Exactly, I want to know if I can run Teamspeak 3 with another resolution than the PC (like a game) without makes modifications to the Toshiba resolution. I only want to see all Teamspeak 3 items normally.

I'll be waiting your comments, thanks.

Attachment missing.
    You can run teamspeak in window doesn't have to be full screen. Did you tried that?
    Have you tried some theme/style from addons.teamspeak.com?
    I don't know about one that would address your needs but who knows

Other than that what exactly you have problems with? text size? We might figure easy way but your specification is generic.
    Personaly I have seen 1080p resolution on 13" with browser so I can imagine what you mean.

edit: oke, don't mind the name but description says theme for 1600x900 http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ets/MeGaZ.html
    Why do I have to do this for you?!

Dear Tomas:

My respective apologizes about my late to answer you...

I try with your skin theme and run TS3 in a window too but that didn't work, I have the problem here: http://oi60.tinypic.com/3326p34.jpg

I think that if I can change Teamspeak 3 Resolution that would fix the problem, but I don't know if that can be possible in some part of the PC or the program.

I'll wait your reply, thanks for everything!

I just talked to a developer.
    We will face another big problem here, because...
    ...there is no official way to solve this without a complete rework of the client GUI.

No official staement:
    Code:
    I don't think this will happen this year or next year ;/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

i have got the same problem...
    does that mean we won't be able to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I just talked to a developer.
    We will face another big problem here, because...
    ...there is no official way to solve this without a complete rework of the client GUI.

No official staement:
    Code:
    I don't think this will happen this year or next year ;/
    Opsss, that doesn't sound good but... if TeamSpeak3 doesn't have a solution in it GUI to fix the problem, do you know or someone knows an external program to set an specific resolution to Teamspeak3? I have heard something like that but I think that are only rumours, but... I'm not really sure.

Please, if you have any information about this or the problem inform me soon as possible

Beforehand, thanks a lot!

The only most simple way I could think of, is using second monitor if you have a desktop computer capable of more than one screen and setting resolution on that one screen to lower one. When you start teamspeak3 just drag it to that screen.

Keep in mind that because of resolution difference it will not be possible to move mouse from one screen to another on entire "border line" between them(it's hard to describe).

Quite frankly only ts3 and VoIP phone app are the two items I have yet to put into my new system.

If they update the gui to consider the PPI and adjust the size of the window they should fix it, but from the response it sounds like musch of the GUI would likely need to be rewritten to support that. There is no way I know of to "change the resolution of a program" as you put it. Maybe look into the accessibility tools (maybe under ease of access on newer Windows releases) in windows to magnify the whole screen and follow the mouse around....

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I've also though of that magnification app there, but it would work well. UX is what would suffer anyway.
    I suspect that problem lies mainly in underlying framework teamspeak3 client uses. This is the case in IPv6 support as well(we are told). If that is the case "complete rewrite" sounds like logical reply.

Btw what are dev's doing?

Thread Information