Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove poke button (kicked to desktop)

Hi. You guys need to get rid of the poke button , once and for all. You have an amazing program. Myself and others, are tired of getting minimized in the middle of something competitive because of a freaking poke.

Or my favorite, if I'm running a program at night while I am sleeping, the poke will ruin my nights worth of work.

Nobody wants to be poked and force alt tabbed. Its freaking retarded and obnoxious.

Sure I changed the i_permission_power, that doesn't solve my problem. We have lots of admins and even when I ask them nicely to stop poking me, it still happens.

I shouldn't have to add every one of them to my contact list just to avoid getting minimized.

I am hereby requesting a simple, easy way to disable all pokes on the users end. Being forced to alt tab is completely unacceptable.

Thanks.

I need poking quite often... and this forum is not for solving social issues. Stop using the server if you feel harassed by the pokeing users.

I think this should more read like the following: "Please add a client-side option to disable or change the poking feature as it is."

I think a lua script client side could stop the poke from being a "poke" if it returns to TS that it handled the message.

Poking does not force me out of fullscreen applications, you can disable the sound too.

If you have powers on server in question change permission(in group/channel)
    . needed client poke power to 75
    Situation should improve then, but since you said it, serveradmins will still be able to poke you.
    You could change it to higher number
    . needed client poke power to 85
    but for serveradmins that have privilege to modify permissions it will not last long.

Contacts and ignore pokes would work. But you already said you don't like to put everyone on it. Just how many admins you have above you <10 or more?

Lua will work.

And above that if you close teamspeak3 that will work for sure as far as your sleeping goes!
    What a silly idea it is to let teamspeak3 client running all night&day when you don't use it? Or did you just made it up?

Quote Originally Posted by MadIkeepgettingPoked View Post
    Hi. You guys need to get rid of the poke button , once and for all. You have an amazing program. Myself and others, are tired of getting minimized in the middle of something competitive because of a freaking poke.

Or my favorite, if I'm running a program at night while I am sleeping, the poke will ruin my nights worth of work.

Nobody wants to be poked and force alt tabbed. Its freaking retarded and obnoxious.

Sure I changed the i_permission_power, that doesn't solve my problem. We have lots of admins and even when I ask them nicely to stop poking me, it still happens.

I shouldn't have to add every one of them to my contact list just to avoid getting minimized.

I am hereby requesting a simple, easy way to disable all pokes on the users end. Being forced to alt tab is completely unacceptable.

Thanks.
    I agree with you, just add an option please to disable/enable poke for the user on all servers, because I go on a lot of servers where there is a lot of different users, I can't add them all to my list and disable poke one by one. And I don't like playing full screen, so just add an option to disable/enable poke and all users will be happy !

We will not remove the poke feature and we will not add an option to disable it for the local client.
    We wan't to offer that features for Admins and it's their decision to use or disable it with permissions.

But client 3.0.17 (no release date yet) will change the behavior which caused to popup in front while games are in fullscreen.
    We hope to fix this.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Edit to my post above
    As a temporary fix client 3.0.17.1 (or 3.0.18) will add a local option to disable the poke popups to avoid that users get thrown out of games.

But this does not mean that this option stays in the client.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TS3 poke

hey guys,
    i upgraded to win10, and now i get moved to TS3 client whenever i get poked, i never had this problem with win8, its pretty annoying, i keep losing games, because i get moved to my TS3 client whenever i get poked, thats pretty bad. How can i get poked without automatically switching to the ts3 client?

I used google, but the normal answer was: do this and chance this permissions - but i am just a normal user, i cant chance the permissions.

(sorry my english is pretty bad)

lg
    Dessy

It is possible, to catch poke-events within a plugin, and redirects them.
    Also you can use the lua-plugin, and use a lua-script to redirect poke-messages to a chat-tab.

I have no example available atm, but there are some within the internet.

I ve not used a plugin while running windows 8 - it was like: you got poked! or sth. while i was playing, i was able to check the poke at the end of the game. What did alter this, i mean i havent changed sth. on the TS3 settings, i just upgraded windows.

If its not possible to do it with the standard settings, i have to use a plugin, can you suggest a decent one? (my english is bad, i dont wonna install sth. where i dont know really what it does...)

Currently ( in client 3.0.17 - 3.0.18.2) you can disable the popup via client setting. You do not need a plugin for this.

This will be removed again, when the poke got an overhaul.

Pokes minimize other windows?

Hi there,
    A few months back whenever I got poked it would just show up in the bottom right corner as a notification, Now whenever I get poked it minimizes all other windows. Is there some sort of setting to turn this off? If not is there some sort of plugin or add on that can be downloaded to stop this? It has been causing quite a few issues lately.
    Last edited by dante696; January 8th, 2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: merged

Are there setting for poke

we are having trouble with poke. if someone pokes you it closes the battle window and transfer you back TS3 window. This is not happening to everyone, just several members are having this problem. So I need someone to explain poke setting if the are any?
    Last edited by dante696; January 12th, 2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information