Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel group icon not showing in all channels

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I haven't managed to find an answer yet.

My friend has created a new TS server and he put in a bunch of channel groups with icons. The problem is that at least 1 channel group icon will show in a channel but will not show in another channel.

Name:  9dc182454a.png
Views: 657
Size:  6.9 KB

The gold image you can see there will show in this channel, but when he moves down to Lobby 1 the channel group icon will stop showing.

My guess, (because no word was said about it):
    The user does not have the same channel group in the second room.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I just tested that theory but it doesn't seem like it. I just gave myself the same channel group while in the channel as seen above, however when I moved down to Lobby 1 I still had the channel group icon showing. Any other ideas as to why it would only show in the main channel and not the sub channels?

Still what dante said applies. You have to check if the user has the channel group in every channel! Hence it is called channel group. If user A has it in channel X, Y and Z; so will the icon show. But if user B has that group only in Channel X and Z... there will be no icon shown if he moves to Channel Y.

Still, as it looks like, League of Legends is the Mainchannel. Shouldn't all Channelgroups set in the Mainchannel be in the Subchannels as well?
    Dexta, did you consider using Server Groups instead?

No, they won't ... the channel group is only inherited to a sub-channel if there is no channel group setting of any kind for that sub-channel.

Thread Information