Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permissions Help!

Hey,

I am running a TS3 server on a dedicated server. I want to allow the default group to create a single semi-perm SUB-CHANNEL. I know this is something to do with channel groups. I do however have no idea how to do this or where permissions folders are etc!

Help would be appreciated ASAP!

Bump. I really need help ASAP!

I would be happy to help.
    If you go to your permissions at the top and select server groups you should be on your permissions. Make sure you're on advanced permissions system.
    Next go to your guest server group (this is not done through channel groups). Near the bottom left corner, set the tab saying Show Descriptions to Show names. Next go to channel, create, and tick b_channel_create_semi_permanent.
    Hope this was helpful.

Regards
    Sukpee (Computing Software Analysis Student).

Are you sure that will only let them make 1 Semi Perm sub channel under ONLY 1 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda50 View Post
    Are you sure that will only let them make 1 Semi Perm sub channel under ONLY 1 channel.
    His suggestion howto doesn't look like it but he doesn't direct you to modify server group permissions so. :-)
    If i skip variability what your Guest group permissions have, his suggestion allows users to create semi perm channel under only 1 channel.

Enforcing only 1 semi perm .... that makes it a bit trickier(and it is missing above).
    And it is reason why I want to check myself first before posting tips... I know on test server it kind of works that you can have only one channel(not sub channel) per user and they use temporary channel instead there.

Can someone just give me a step to step guide. Location of files just an entire thing because I am a noob at TS permissions.

Thread Information