Forum

Prevent channel permissions overpowering server permissions. [HELP]

Hi there, So the thing is that i want to prevent the channel permissions bugging with the server permissions. With that i mean that for example an admin has the value of 70 kick from channel power, and the channel admin has 50. Somehow when you have both admin and channel admin the permissions change. Somehow the admin is getting weakend by the channel admin and would like some help with that.

I see that you can use the "Skip" and "Negate" thingy but i dont understand them so could somebody help me with this? and if there is a thread about this please send me a link to it because i just made this account and had no chanse looking around.

[edit]

i think that is not the problem i have right now. i relaised that i had 2 server groups and they have not the same permissions. should i click the "skip" to fix it or what?
    Last edited by thekillersan; March 5th, 2015 at 09:39 PM.

On the server group with the higher power that you want to keep, put skip on that permission. If the number should be lower, such as for a ban maximum time then you should put negate to it chooses the lower number (since -1 would be desirable since it would mean no limit).

Skip will ensure that no other server group or channel group will override it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    On the server group with the higher power that you want to keep, put skip on that permission. If the number should be lower, such as for a ban maximum time then you should put negate to it chooses the lower number (since -1 would be desirable since it would mean no limit).

Skip will ensure that no other server group or channel group will override it.
    Thank you for the help! Atleast now i know what they really do now!

Thread Information