Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Temporary guests

Hi folks.

I have a ts3 server running for my guild in wow. I want to make it more secure. It has three server groups: server admins, officers and guests. All normal guild members will log on to the server as guests at the moment.

The situation is when we are raiding, we invite casual players to the server who are not a part of the guild and they need the password to log on to the server.

The idea is to make another server group for "normal" guild members and have to guests only to be able to get into default channel until the are moved by a client who has permissions to do that. Is it possible to let them join this specific raid channel and then, when they log off, they will have to go through the moving progress again? And how do I even set these thing up?

Greetings

Please use temporary passwords. It was added for such situations.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi Dante.

I was not aware of that option.

I just played around with it, but is it possible to force the random guest to stay in a given channel? I logged on to the server as a guest using a temp. password but I was able to move around to other channels as well.

It's just a second temp password next to the main password. This is not related to any permission in your groups.

You need to modify the whole default server groups permissions to restrict their options on your server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information