Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Failed to connect

I am Having a problem with connecting to my friends server. We have had a server for about 2-3 years now and i have never had a real problem connecting to it.

As of a few days ago I have been unable to connect to it with a message saying:
    (server covered up with *)
    <23:43:23> Trying to resolve hostname a********m
    <23:43:24> Trying to connect to server on a********M
    <23:43:29> Failed to connect to server

I have disabled all my firewall and put my computer in the DMZ on the router and it's had no effect. I have tried it on a second computer to check if it is my network but that has worked fine. I have tried going on it on a second user but that doesn't work and also tried re-installing it.

I have no idea what else I can do and if i can provide any more information that could help please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah098 View Post
    I am Having a problem with connecting to my friends server. We have had a server for about 2-3 years now and i have never had a real problem connecting to it.
    Yes I am having exactly the same problem. Our Site kicked 4 of us off the other day and ever since then I have been unable to log into that server. I can log into a public server but not that server (have not tried other servers yet). 1 of the other guys on with me had similar issues but now can get on.

I have tried to disable firewall, antivirus, checked port forwarding etc to no avail. If any one else has any idea's please help.

This is not a TeamSpeak bug, and therefor I think both of your posts are in the wrong section.

Basically what you're encountering is a failure to connect to a TeamSpeak server. This has most likely something to do with the server itself. It might be offline, port forwarding in router might be misconfigured, new internal IP since the DHCP lease was expired (if none static IP's are set-up), new virus scanner on host that also installed a firewall? There a numerous of reason why you might not be able to reach the server. Contact the server admin, and if you are the server admin you should create a new post in the proper forum section.

Hoped it helped you

Thread Information