Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 on MySQL Problem

Hello,

I've been working on getting my current server transitioned over to MySQL instead of using SQLite. I want to be able to integrate the server with 'MyBB' forums and be able to manage groups and all thru MySQL which I know how to use as to SQLite just may cause problems I won't be able to fix later down the road.

When trying to start the server I get this error - 'libts3db_mysql.so' is missing.

I've read over this topic with no luck - http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea..._mysql-so-quot

Code:
     ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini

Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    2015-03-13 17:37:57.364372|CRITICAL|DatabaseQuery |   | unable to load database plugin library "libts3db_mysql.so", halting!
    TeamSpeak 3 server could not start
    I've googled around and still unable to come up with a solution. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running CentOS 6 x64

Thanks

It's not possible to manage the TS3 server directly in the database with SQL statements, regardless of dbms. You will break the database and your server will be lost. The way to manage a TS3 server is through the admin query interface, and the admin query interface only. There are quite some administration tools, YaTQA for example, who are a user interface around the admin query interface.

Current TS3 server version (3.0.11.2) uses mariadb as dbms, and so is called the client database plugin.

You don't want to migrate to mysql/mariadb. It's for huge installations with many servers, like an athp. If you have a standalone server, sqlite is all you need. There is no benefit from using something else.

How would I integrate SQLite with a MyBB forum then? They'd use two completely different database systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazanka101 View Post
    How would I integrate SQLite with a MyBB forum then? They'd use two completely different database systems.
    No direct database interaction. Just use the query interface for automatic interactions like that.

The only stuff you can do, if your TS3 database is on a MySQL server, are SELECT statements to get the list of client names or stuff like that. But never use INSERT, UPDATE or ALTER statements on your own at the TS3 database! The TS3 Query Interface is very powerful for interactions with other programs/websites.

Thread Information