Forum

TS3 server without port forwarding?

I am looking to set up a TS3 Server for my office's internal use, on a shared Wifi network with dynamic IP selection. Because the whole operation will be for internal use over the same network, is there any way to enable connecting to my server without setting up the port forwarding, or is it required by the client?

Port forwarding is a poor man's routing. If addresses between client and server are routable already, you don't need any kind of port forwarding or what not.

In case of TS3 server, your only concern will be the accessibility of the accounting server to verify your license. No need for any stinkin' port forwarding.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    Port forwarding is a poor man's routing. If addresses between client and server are routable already, you don't need any kind of port forwarding or what not.

In case of TS3 server, your only concern will be the accessibility of the accounting server to verify your license. No need for any stinkin' port forwarding.
    I'm running the NPO license, which is more than adequate for my needs. I can connect to public teamspeak servers, but when I try to access my server the client gives me "Failed to connect to server" message. I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere but without being able to find any solid documentation on setting up the server on a dynamic, internal network I can't be sure where. I know it isn't my firewall settings, I've been all over those.

Did you try pinging the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppert View Post
    I'm running the NPO license, which is more than adequate for my needs. I can connect to public teamspeak servers, but when I try to access my server the client gives me "Failed to connect to server" message. I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere but without being able to find any solid documentation on setting up the server on a dynamic, internal network I can't be sure where. I know it isn't my firewall settings, I've been all over those.
    Consult with your network administrator.

Thread Information